Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Coroner

Win2k RC2 2128 Voodoo3 and SBLive, HELP!

I have win2k RC2 Build 2128 and a voodoo3 2000 AGP and an sb live.

I followed anthony toste liveware 3 instructions. But i get to the point of running LW3 setup and it uncompresses everything and goes to install and then nothing happens. I checked Task manager and nothing was running. I have followed his instructions to the letter.

My voodoo3 will not work properly. I have tried anthony toste directions but I don't have the build 2114? files he refers to. I have tried the drivers from win2k box and chameleons win2k site but things go screwy. I can play glide opengl and direct3d with them. Bu\t when I quit a glide or opengl app the desktop shrinks to about 1/6 size and is all screwy I have to reset to get it back. This is very annoying. I ran Half Life in direct 3d but when playing it studders, the graphics move smooth then stop then move smooth then stop etc. When I go to the menus from within Half Life I get blank black screen and I have to use Task Manager to get out. I Tried the opengl ICD with it and it says my opengl driver doesn't support the right mode. I have not tried the minigl yet though.

I'd like to get my voodoo3 working with glide opengl and direct3d properly and to install Liveware 3 for my live so i can have EAX.

Any help would be appreciated.

Remember I only have RC2 2128 so please don't refer to files I don't have unless you can give them to me thanks.

I am about to go insane!!

go here under files you find the rigth drivers http://seldzar.dhs.org/

You must copy files in safe mode.

c:\winnt\system32\3dfxspl2.dll

c:\winnt\system32\3dfxspl3.dll

c:\winnt\system32\glide2x.dll

c:\winnt\system32\glide3x.dll

c:\winnt\system32\3dfxvgl.dll

c:\winnt\system32\voodoo3.dll

c:\winnt\system32\drivers\voodoo3.sys

As far as Half Life gose don't use opengl ICD nor DX use 3dfx mini driver under the opengl setting that only one that work rigth in Half Life.

I say agine for ten millin time LW3 dose not work work in RC2 2128 you must have 2151 or higher.

Thanks for the help. I'll try those files.

Sorr about lw3 thing, I only just finished searching the entire forumn. So there is no way to get EAX working in games then? Such as EAX in Half Life???

as far as the instructions for sblive go....dont run the setup file....use winzip to extract the archive to a folder that you create on your hdd and then follow the instructions....i found the setup wont work for me either....

Ack!! Screwed up the last post.

I have read a zillion forums looking for an answer and this is the first which says it will not work on 2128.

Anything above this version is RC3 isn't it?

Creative...pull finger and give us some proper user-friendly drivers pretty please.

[This message has been edited by dlever (edited 07 December 1999).]

Quote:
I say agine for ten millin time LW3 dose not work work in RC2 2128 you must have 2151 or higher.

LW3 work fine on Windows 2000 RC2 Build2128. Only the Sidewinder 3D doesn´t work frown.gif

Christian

dlever: Why you have quoted the entire post? smile.gif

Ahh Rogue, Could you tell me exactly how you got LW3 to work under 2128?

I have tried extracting all the lwlib* things but there is no setup in them. Could you please tell me which one to extract. I know you are probably sick of this problem. But I'd really appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks

SHS; I copied those files like you said and it worked! but UT and q3a stuff up when you extit them the screen goes all weird - shrinks really small and is all corrupted. Any ideas?