Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
adrianhall

XP/2K drive mapping

I've got a home network consisting of 2 machines, both running XP Pro and connected by a Vigor 2200USB. I've also got a works laptop running Win2000 with Novell Client.

Question is, I want to use my main home machine (via the Vigor) to map to the C: drive of the laptop, but everytime I try it I get prompted with username/password. I enter my details but it doesn't accept it. I can map the other way, ie from laptop to either of my home machines. I've tried adding a new share, including permissions groups, etc but it doesn't work frown

Is this Novell blocking me in some way ;(

It was even easier than thet - should have been putting my username as 'domain\id' I'd been trying 'machine\id' laugh

I'm learning this network lark as I go wink It's peer-peer I suppose, although one of my machines (mini-me) is also (loosely) a form of file-server.

Both are connected via the Vigor router/switch to the world - I don't think this qualifies it as a domain, but feel free to enlighten me 8)

Thanks for that - I used to have the practicallynetworked URL but lost it and couldn't remember the name so thanks for reminding me on it laugh

Quote:
One thing about networking, is it is not HUGELY difficult in principle

True, nothing too complicated so far, just as with anything a bucket-load of terminology and setups.