Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DosFreak

Leave the frontpage for what it's supposed to be? News?

These constant programs showed on the frontpage are annoying. As far as I know NTCompatible is not a file-news forum. It's NTCompatible. We should leave file-news for those websites that are devoted to it.....

Anyone agree?

As for me, I don't mind the file news. I just hate the pop-ups (like the one for the Smart-Certify place), and if it keeps up I will have to start using my banner ad/pop-up killer again. frown

Quote:
I just hate the pop-ups

I deselect usual all annoying ads. Unfortunately, this popup is a targeted campaign which can't be deselected frown

Quote:
As for me, I don't mind the file news. I just hate the pop-ups (like the one for the Smart-Certify place), and if it keeps up I will have to start using my banner ad/pop-up killer again. frown

For those who haven't found a ad/pop-up killer they like, try www.panicware.com [no I'm not on commision :)], if you haven't already - I use the Companion version. It stops almost all pop-ups, whilst allowing you to browse normally, so I leave it on all the time.

Occasionally it'll stop a legitimate window form opening, eg if you're browsing an online store & click on a pic to get a larger image of something & nothing happens, in which case you can try clicking on it a couple of more times, in which case the prog normally gets the message & allows the window to open, or you just turn it off long enough to open the window, or you could also add it to the list of allowed sites/addresses.

Personally, I don't mind the files so much as the compatibility list showing up on top. That one I'd be happy to see behind its own link at the side.

H.

Also a lot of case/fan/floppy/whatever childish mod news linked from teenage low-level sites...

Who cares here?

Most of them are really ridiculous, like putting leds into a floppy drive, unpurposedly changing fan grids (sometimes against the most obvious laws of physics) or painting a psu to fit the colour of the video card!

My 2 cents but it seems to me that the focus is being lost.

I'm sure frequentation of this site is decreasing x)

A larger mainsite update is planned for this weekend. Expect also some changes with the news system smile

Quote:
Also a lot of case/fan/floppy/whatever childish mod news linked from teenage low-level sites...
Who cares here?
I'm sure frequentation of this site is decreasing x)

Yup, sorry to say I agree that this site, which was among the best, is IMHO declining. The reviews of floppy drive led modifications etc etc (gee- a red led instead of the green one...) is not the worst part, there was a battle cry for avatars which would position this site directly into the early puberty market. Worse; we have some regular flooders who post (often half a screen) of nonsense commenting all and any threads, making the forums pretty annoying even if they too post useful stuff every now and then. And, as I'm b1tching already, I'm not really sure that the new software running the forums is an improvement.

Anyhow, it can't be said clearly enough, Phillip, SHS, Clutch, DosFreak, CUviper, Four and Twenty, Blade Runner, Sapiens 24, Inferno and many, many others of the members have put in a huge work and helped many users during the years making this an excellent site. My vote would be to keep it that way, more professional, even it it becomes a bit "old-fashioned", without reviews on Super-Lasers new fan grilles with 84 pics.

H.

Authough you probably dont like me Harry, i have to agree with you, noone cares about floppy lights and the like. But this site is still a good site, with loads of good info on NT related stuff smile

Maybe the modding stuff should just be left to others, and there are enough sites doing articles on stuff like that anyway smile

Quote:
Authough you probably dont like me Harry...

I hold nothing against you, you were included in the "many, many others".

H.