Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kaiser

XP themes/appearance and profiles

Hi all,

Quick (and I suppose trivial really) question for you all....

I reinstalled XP Pro last night and (as always :)) the first thing I did was revert the desktop and logon screens to the "classic" look using the "rainy day" theme (not that Im depressed or anything, just the shade of grey it uses goes well with my wallpaper).

I installed the rest of my apps and went to copy the profile to the (hidden) "default user" but I cant...the Copy button is greyed out for some reason?

Also (and possibly related?), although the post-logon screens use the selected theme, the logon screen itself still uses the "default" one - as I said, only a minor thing really, but is there any way to alter it as well? (I've already taken care of the pre-logon wallpaper using Customizer XP).

Thanks in advance gang,

so u make winxp "look" like win2k? then why not just use 2k ?

maybe xp has some features u like more? im intrigued........

Quote:
so u make winxp "look" like win2k? then why not just use 2k ?

?

What kind of solution is that? Simply because a user prefers a certain GUI over another doesnt mean that they should change OS's. Thats why the classic gui is there.

Have you tried to login in safe mode under administrator to overwrite the profile that you are attempting to copy?

As far as the log in goes, I have never been able to get that to adhere to the particular theme chosen.

I like the silver color as opposed to the blue in the new gui, but I wish the welcome/login screen would also stick to that particular color scheme.

Have you tried StyleXP? that can change log-ons, as well as handle backgrounds, visual styles, & themes.

AFAIK you'd still have to load the prog & tell it to change the logon, I have yet to see a prog that will change a logon automatically with a theme.