Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
diis

Error message duing windows 2k install

I get this error message during the install of Windows 2k on a recently formatted HD:

An unexpected error (268353600) in line 1562 in D:\nt\private\ntos\boot\setup\arcdisp.c

I think that's a Ramdrive of some sort, because d: is my cd-rom drive and that directory isn't on the cd. I've done a low level format, and ran scandisk to see if there were any physical problems with the HD.

I've tried two different retail Windows 2kpro cds, and I've tried installing from the 4 bootdisks and from the /i386/winnt.exe file. The message comes up after booting with the 1st startup disk, or after the winnt.exe finished copying the install files to the HD and restarts.

is your computer oveclocked or anything like that?

if i were u set ALL the bios settings to default. and retry it. also try swapping the cd rom......instead of the win2k discs.

No overclocking. In fact, I've even tried underclocking the bus speed just to see if it might have some effect. I've also done a BIOS reset.

I don't think the problem is with the CD-rom drive, because when you boot from the floppys, the error message pops up before the CD is ever accessed.