Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Me

Outlook xp rules dont work

the other day i upgraded to outlook xp (i have office 2k installed) which came with my pocketpc. i know i didnt have to but i figured what the heck, the new one probably fixes some email security flaws and such. i ran the install, it did its thing and all my settings, email, folders, etc were already setup in outlook xp. cool! i check my email and everything dumps into my inbox. rules dont seem to work. somewhere (either during install or at this point, dont recall) it wants me to upgrade my rules. ok. basically, i have 7 different email accts and i had rules set that said "if received through the specified acct, move to folder x" i checked them out and some of the email addy's didnt match the folders. so i fixed them.

email A goes to folder A

email B goes to folder B

etc

click ok, send off a few test emails and folder A receives email A and B as does folder B. wtf? i check the rules, and magically, the second rule now reads email A goes to folder B. i fix, click ok, go back and check and its changed again. so i delete all my rules and create new ones like above. same damn problem. the rule changes itself after clicking ok.

so i create different rules. "if sent to email A go to folder A" etc. now the rules only seem to work about 50% of the time. this is very annoying. what is wrong with outlook xp's rules?!? anyone else have the problem?