Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

Geforce 4 mx 440

hey..

i just upgraded my geforce2 mx 400 to the geforce 4 mx 440.

i have 2 questions.

first i had a choise between a 64MB ddr card and a 128MB Sdr card and i chose the later.did i make the right choise ?

second....i need help here, i only get 1800 on 3dmark2001se

which is really low and ever lower than the score i used to get with my previous card (2700 ~).....why is that ???

Please Help....i upgraded to improve performance ...not to degrade tham...

Help !!!!

[Win XP ; 1.6Ghz pentium 4 ; 256MB]

frown

Welll,

1. DDR is faster than SDRAM.

2. The GF4 is basically a GF2 with just a few added features.

3. You wasted your money.

4. Sorry.

5. frown

are you saying i won't see any difference in performace ?? and if any ,it will be worse???

Well I think something may be screwed up. What, I don't know... But DosFreak is right... you wasted yer money. These cards are just a bit faster than the GF2MX, you shoulda got a GF3 Ti, or even a GF4 4200 or something, they are down to about $180 or so somewhere I saw.

that's not exactly true.first i had the option to upgrade so i payed only the difference between the cards.

second ,there is a difference in gaming,for example S.O.F II used to stutter like hell if i chose "very high texture quality" (but ran smoothly on "high texture quality")and now it runs smoothly.ALien Vs predator did some problems if i set the settings on the best possible,and now i can feel it's better.

the only thing is the very low score i get with 3dmark...

I currently got a prolink TNT 2 M64 32mb card...im looking at upgrading to something faster, i know a GF 4 mx 440 is only a Gf 2 on steriods with some new shit attached...but how much faster would it be over my dying TNT2???

Hey....should i will replace my card to the 64MB DDR ??

will it be faster than my current 128MB SDRAM ????...

cause i'm no near the results from tom's hardware....

Best thing to do would be to get a ti4200, as it gives you excellent performance and features for the money.

Even a gf3 is better than a 4mx frown

if i had the money sure.....but if i wanna be realistic i have 2 choices...a geforce 4 mx 440 with 64MB DDR or geforce 4 440 with 128 SDRAM...what is better ???

Are you sure its SDR btw, i didnt know they made gf4mx cards with SDR memory frown

If it is sdr then the ddr one should be significantly faster, even with half the mem as that wouldnt really be a factor.

i didnt know they made gf4mx cards with SDR memory either nor with 128MB of it,but it's really sdram.gainwad produces this kind of boards.when i went to buy the card the seller offered me the 128MB version of it, i noticed it was sdram but the seller told me it has the same performance,so i thought even better......ya right..

it appears that i can replace my card with the 64MB ddr version of it, so you would definitely recommend doing so??

Yeah if you can just do a straight swap out or something for the DDR card then it would definatly be worth doing.

I just cant beleve they would make a gf4 mx with SDR, i mean how low can nvidia go 8)

I don't think there are GF4MX 440 cards with SDR, however I am sure that the GF4MX 420 is SDR based.

aaahhhh guys....apparently...DDR RULES !!!!!

i did as i said and replaced my card with a 64MB DDR (instead of my previous 128MB SDRAM ) and everything is fine....

3dmark201se shows 5206 and frame rates in all games are alot higher than before.....i guess the list of vga cards at tom's hardware doesn't lie.....!!!

so if someone has a card that scores way below that list ,than something is not right...

thak you all !!!