Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ofelas

IE6 for XP full version?

Could someone point me to a site to download the

full version and not the setup file?

Thanks.

I'm not sure if there are any... However, I have a IE6 full already downloaded, but I tihnk its for Win2k. I was going to offer to upload it to you but now that i think about it I do not think it will work.

You should just DL the setup file, and then have it save all the setup files to your HD.

Download ie6setup.exe in a chosen folder, then in a command line, go to the folder you put the setup file into and type exactly what follows:

ie6setup /c:"ie6wzd.exe /d /s:""#E"""

Once the download is complete, launch the setup from the download folder, very useful, enjoy !

You could try one of the Computer/Internet magazines..they usually have it on their cds - its where I got my copy & when you run it it'll automatically pick up your opsys and install/update as necessary

Thanks, fellas-

1/ The command line switch downloaded 2 files- filelist.dat (1kb) & iesetup.dir (0kb)-so no luck there.

2/ The Corporate Update website gives a message 'This page has been retired'.

Any other suggestions?

TIA

The corporate DL site was removed months, maybe a year or so ago...

It was highly useful, go figure why MS removed it.

H.

Try this one guys:

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/default.asp

It works in a similar way to the "regular" Windows Update site except that you have a Download Basket where you can specify the save location (and keep em after) - note that the sub-folders this creates aren't particularly helpful in a lot of cases (referring to KB article numbers for example) so you may wanna keep a note yourself.

Hope this is of some use smile

The corporate updates site has not been updated since March and according to Microsoft never will be. They have moved to the "Catalog" and SUS.

Download the Internet Explorer Administration Kit and install it in corporate/lan mode (I forget the exact name). Then run the customization wizard to create an install CD with any customizations you want (or just all default). It downloads all the files for you and sets up an autorun CD install, very nifty![/url]