Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gregor

Windows XP Pro and Java Virtual Machine!

have windows xp pro.

- i don't know why but java applets on several pages do not work. i got the notice to download Java Virtual Machine. okay, i click download button and i then am send to microsofts page, where it says that download link isnt avaliable anymore.

when searching over MS page i also spotted that it says to check on windowsupdate for Microsoft Virtual Machine bug fixes or updates. after checking windowsupdate i find out MS update doesn't include any fixes at all! WHAT TO DO?

then i go to google and type virtual machine windows xp and thank god the sun.com offers Java Virtual Machine for Windows XP for free. i download it, run it and guess what.. it doesn't work! where the java applets should work the java vm from sun closes all of my IE windows.

can someone help me with this problem since i don't have a clue what to do. i cannot use even internet banking because i don't have support for java on windows xp. how is this possible? what to install and where to get it???

thanks for you answers guys

Run a search on this board for "virtual machine", and you should find a couple of threads about it. You can either get the JVM from Sun (which works quite well) or the MS one from independent hosts.

I have the exact same problem. It started a few months ago I think.

But that link seemed to fix the problem. Thank you!