Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ron_Jeremy

Outlook XP doesn't send working (i.e., clickable) links :(

Outlook XP (not Outlook Express) refuses to send working (i.e., clickable) links. If I am on a webpage, say www.google.ca for example, & go to File > Send > Link by Email, the link shown in Outlook (in the email about to be sent) appears as www.google. The ".ca" is missing from the end of the url. Thus, when the recipient of my email atempts to click on the link I sent, he gets a "bad" page. This happpens whether its .com, .net, or what ever is on the end of the url I send.

I have a feeling this is related to security settings. I may have fiddled around with them, but it was a very long time ago & can't remember what I did.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Outlook XP blocks all sorts of file extensions such as .com, .exe, .pdf, ...

There is a registry hack that will allow you to make them send but you will have to dig thru Microsoft technets to get the correct keys.

Make sure that you are sending email in HTML or Rich Text Formats (HTML would be preferred). Also, if using HTML, make sure to have a good email virus scanner as that's how the newer control-based viruses and worms are coming in.

yeah, it is a securty setting, here is what i get if u try to sned this page out:

email.jpg

and i do not see anything either in outlooks security settings, but shall look some more.

Mr.Guvernment, that's exactly what I see too! Any idea on how to fix? Damn silly that I can't even send a link to a web page. This doesn't happen with Outlook Express.

i am, still looking around for an actual way to do it, instead of a reg hack, you would THINK they would let YOU choose the security on your own computer..lol