Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giangi

New ATI Drivers doesn't work (wxp-radeon-6-13-10-6118-efg)

This one (wxp-radeon-6-13-10-6118-efg) doesn't works on my All-in-wonder Radeon, the previous works fine, but this one really doesn't work. XP Found New Hardware, and can't find the right drivers, after 6 "New Hardware Found" messages nothing works, no TV, no capture, no audio, no nothing ;( . This is a big mistake from ATI... ;( ;(

have u tried running the driver .exe file that installs the full software suit? (as this is alwasy how i got ATI drivers)

uninstall all previous driver,

read the "readm me / help " file with the drivers, or on the ATI site?

The Catalyst 2.2 is a display driver only.

You also need to download and install the capture driver and multimedia center.

As Mr.Guvernment suggests you should uninstall previous driver versions first.

Install the new display drivers followed by the capture drivers,

DVD player 7.6 and Multimedia player 7.7

I also recomend you check to make sure you have the latest version of DirectX installed.

The new Catalyst drivers are optimized for SP1. I'd suggest sticking with the previous drivers until SP1 is out.

I have downloaded all the files concerning the new driver needs (driver itself, the capture sw, the control panel, and the multimedia center) i also have uninstalled all before do anything, then i have do this:

1 installed capture,

2 installed driver

3 Reboot

4 Control Panel

5 Multimedia center

6 Reboot

The sistem is still telling me that i have 6 new devices without drivers and nothing works.

So, i have decided to rollback (manually) to the previous one.

If you have any suggestions they be welcome.

is it an exe file u downloaded?

with my ati all in wonder ( a rage 128) it is just 1 exe file that has all of it in one, and installs it all at one time, it is the full multimedia package.

some of the new ati drivers u need to extract to a folder, then run the find new hardware, and tell windows were to find the "extracted" drivers.

The blue screen so far only occurs when I try to use the TV software. It never actually shows video or plays sound before crashing, so I suspect it's the capture drivers. Also, the stop error occurs because of atidvag.

Hi everybody. I had to dig this post up!

I was wondering if anyone found a solution to the problem with ATI TV crashing XP when starting. The new capture drivers (V4) install fine but TV crashes every time you open it.