Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
oneoldjedi

Reboot Problem with Roxio EZCD 5.1 and WinXP

I've run into an issue that Roxio Tech Support doesn't seem to have too much knowledge of.

Running WinXP on two computers. Both are running Norton Antivirus 2002.

After formatting a CDRW, and writing several folders and files to it, and then pressing the eject button on the CDRW, the entire system shuts down and reboots. Not the most healthy thing for a computer or OS. frown

Roxio "thinks" that it might be something to do with Norton AV running (they indicated that Norton tends to be a resource pig, and has been known to cause conflicts), but they're not sure. FYI, I've run into a resource problem with Norton when I receive a lot of e-mail.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue? If it means replacing Norton with something else (like PC-cillin 2002), that's fine.

If not, then the alternative is to say ba bye to Roxio.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Quote:
Can anyone shed some light on this issue? If it means replacing Norton with something else (like PC-cillin 2002), that's fine.

If not, then the alternative is to say ba bye to Roxio.

I'd say kill Easy CD Creator. I've had my fair share of problems with that software, and my system has been running far more smoothly since I switched to Nero.

[]s Badaro

did u get the Xp update?

If so, ditch Acraptec, and get Nero. i have not had an issues with it on XP and it ejects the cd by itself when it is done anyways. (think u can set that in adaptec too

Have u tried taking out norton, and doing a burn, then putting norton back in?

i would say get the 5.3 update, and try nero

we just did a mailing list last night, 29,312 email went out, 7840 were returned, all went via Norton 2002 email scanning,and didn't have any resources issue, that is alot of emails!

(system is running a p3 933 with 256mb of mem.)