Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GaryC

Problem running Nero CD burner software

Get the message "nero.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows" when trying to run Nero CD burner software under Win2000. Have uninstalled earlier burner software.

Any ideas?

if its an old version of nero then update to the latest version 5.5.9.0 i think...

otherwise, have you installed anything that could conflict with nero? like Roxio stuff or aspi drivers...

Have downloaded latest Nero from their website - still failed to run. Have unloaded - without being sure that all components removed - previous burner software.

If you know how to edit registry, try going into it and remove all the nero-related keys.

I've just seen (and sorted) this exact problem on my fathers computer. Try this...

1. Boot into safe mode and verify that the Nero software then works. To do this, press F8 repeatedly as windows is starting then choose SAFE MODE from the menu that appears.

2. After fully booted, run Nero Burning Rom through the Start/program files etc.

3. If it runs (mine did), then on to step 4

4. Reboot normally.

5. Go into device manager and disable your hardware items one by one, trying nero at each step. In my case it was Ports/LPT1 that was preventing the nero from working. It worked fine when LPT1 was disabled (disable in properties).

I suspect that in my case the scanner that was plugged into LPT1 used a old driver and somehow messed up the port. Printer and scanner worked fine but conflicted with Nero!

Interested to hear if this sorts it out.

Actually, those Nero guys provide some downloadable removal utilities of their own at Nero.com. You need to search on that website quite carefully to find them, though.

There's the General Clean Tool, for example, which removes all signs of previous versions of Nero, including Registry entries. There's a similar tool just for InCD as well - InCD Clean Tool.

So, you'd have been better off using these, probably.

The latest v5.5 update is v5.5.10.56 and the latest InCD is v4.3.0.5. You'd need the serial/product no. from a previous valid version of Nero to install these.

Note that some burner drives require a minimum version of Nero or InCD in order to work properly. Crosscheck your particular burner with the compatibility information at Nero.com or at Ahead.de.