Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
totoy

Problem with CDRW

Im running RC2 2128 and i have a Hewlett Packard CD-Writer Plus 8100i,problem is that it's not working as a cd writer just plain cd rom.help please

is it in the HCL page ? or any NT4 drivers included in the setup cd ? or one thing that could be happening is that its normal for it to work as a normal cdrom, the same thing happened to me, i have a philips seriers 400 4x4x32x and it just works as a normal cdrom drive. except if you use a cd burning app like CDRWIN or NERO which support my cdrw and definitely yours, it will burn stuff with it. except since your drivers are not installed like in win98, you dont have all the little nifty features ..like drag and drop recording, we all have to live with it until final win2k! or philips makes sum win2k drivers ;oP

let me know if that was what you were looking for.

chameleon's win2kbox.8m.com

OK, here we go...

I have the exact same burner, and before I tried anything else...I installed the updates recommended at this adaptec site for their product ezcd creator 3.5...

http://webcheckup.adaptec.com/ecdc-win2k/

I don't know if my burner worked prior to this, but I can run CDRwin perfectly, so it can't be that bad.

Adaptec supplies a file that you run BEFORE you install their software, I don't know what it does....could it be their aspi driver? Don't know, but it works. Check it out.

[This message has been edited by M (edited 30 November 1999).]

ok i tried a copy of EZCD4 that i downloaded and it still doesn't work.hey M which build are you using?

Open Control Panel

Administrative Tools

Computer Management

Go to Storage

Removable Storage

Physical Locations

Right click your CD Writer

Choose properties

Go to Media tab

Click the change button next to types

If you have a CDR drive then select and add CD-ROM and CD-R

If you have a CD-RW drive then select and add CD-ROM and CD-RW

Press OK

Reboot

Install the latest ASPI drivers from : http://www.adaptec.com/support/files/upgrades.html#ASPI

All should work now

... I hope smile.gif)

[This message has been edited by default666 (edited 04 December 1999).]