Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Uykucu

Live! 5.1 Digital and Winxp home...

Hi guys, first of all please no non-sense reply's... I would expect decent answers from the heavys.

Config is.:

P4 478 pin

Asus P4 TE i850

512MB RD Ram (256+ filler on each bank)

Leadtek Geforce 2 mx 32 MB

Apache 56K Int.

Win XP Home

Rest is insignificant.

Problem:

When the system was built, live card was not slotted properly. Win xp installed smoothly then they noticed no sound!!! (Dough!) So they plugged the card in properly and booted, Win XP found the card, it might have installed the drivers properly no info on that.

They stick the Driver CD and do a drivers only install.

System boots up and finds SB Live! then returns

hardware can not be installed, The data is invalid...

Same thing is valid for Gameport.

On the device manager the above two is listed under unknown devices, and has the same error when we tryed to reinstall drivers etc.

Bios is set for pnp os, but manual config was tryed.

I have replaced the card,

I have even removed the PCI Bus under device manager and let it find everything again.

There is no onboard audio.

I have tryed the card in different slots

I have taken out the modem and tryed no luck.

Booted in safe mode, uninstalled the unknowns booted again.

Reinstalled the creative drivers from CD.

And many more

As you can guess they did not work smile

Now there is a new 25 MB driver from creative. I am going to try it today, but curious has any of you had this? It drives me nuts.

I set up NT AD Networks, or ISP's from scratch and can't install a stupid sound card.

Creative: 1 Cenk: 0!!!!

PS, in case i can not find a solution to this problem i am preparing a mail bomb which looks like an RMA package for Creative Europe. Or it is something stupid which we overlooked and i will throw myself off a bridge. (We have two here which are 75m high)

i dunno, but I have that problem right now with it not detecting Creative GamePort, but that is because in <drive>:\Windows\inf, I deleted the oem file and that prevents Windows from detecting that device, lol (long story)...that could be the problem there.

Other than that, installing the latest drivers from Creative should have done it.

It was also my attempt to delete the creative driver files but the bloody windows keeps restoring them....

Anyway we have delivered it since they need the machine urgently. it is going to come back in a month or so for the problem.

Quote:

i would switch sound cards to see if one is bad
it happens

Done that! Had 3 to play with.
3 out of the box cant be bad... It is against even the murphys law.

Got it,

It was not the SB.

It was the MOBO. Pci 2.1 devices does not work. Don't ask me why.

I have a SB 5.1 Platinum and had some problems with install.

Two things that I've done to fix it with WinXP.

1. After install from the SB cd goto creative and get the updates for the software.

2. Make sure the the sound is not in the slot right next to the AGP port.

Actually it is best if it is on the next slot. which is called PCI 1 alternatively. smile

But sorted it already thx.