Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
embj

Intel?

I have an Intel Play ME2 Cam. Intel is not making drivers for Windows XP. I have seen on the homepage of this website where you can download drivers for it. I downloaded the drivers for it and now I do not know where to extract the files to. Also, drivers are installed on Windows XP to where you can access them through the Add New Hardware Wizard. I get into where it is installing the drivers and the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) Screen comes up and my computer restarts. Can anybody help me? Thanks for all of your help.confused

Desktop

AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1600

256mb SDRAM

S3 ProSavage 16mb Graphics Card

One Maxtor 40GB 7200 RPM HD

One Samsung 40GB 5400 RPM HD

Windows XP Home

HP Pavilion MX70 monitor

Logitech MouseMan Wheel Model#M-BD53

8x4x32 HP CD-Writer

12x Samsung DVD-ROM

Via AC97 Sound Card

Lucent Win Modem

Realtek Ethernet Card

First of all Intel does not make a driver for Windows 2000 either. They are not going to make it because they discontinued the products at the very end of this March. Also I do not know where to get the Via AC97 Sound Card patches and the Via KL133 Chipset Patch either. If any of you know where to get them please tell me the link of where the driver is located. I will try what you said right now AlecStaar. Tks again.

Also this guy said that he had found a driver for the ME2 Cam (Win XP) on www.computergeeks.com. I tried to install it. Well it installed and said that the device could not be started.

I will go buy a cheap sound card. Most likely @ Best Buy. I don't have a Comp USA in town.

I've checked there also and I couldn't find any for mine. Thanks anyways.

Quote:
well your first mistake was to buy anything intel.

and why is that? because U have had bad experiences?

i love people who just throw something out there with no information to back it up or give reason why....

last time i went to windows update it had an update for my Via Onboard sound, you might wanna check there...but you'll have the best luck going to your mobo's website, they'll definetly have the drivers

Quote:
well your first mistake was to buy anything intel.

LOL! What are you smoking? Intel---at least CPU and chipset-wise---is basically king. If you'd said Via, I could understand...