Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Uykucu

Advertising the chatroom.

What about sending an e-mail to the forum users about the chat room?

I saw it by accident while browsing the forums today. And i am here nearly everyday smile

Oh let me guess in 2 weeks time laugh

Anyone in the room ? laugh

Im scared to go in frown

Quote:

wheres the chatroom?

doh, forget that, just found it at the bottom of the page

It is at the end of the rainbow laugh
Alternatively #ntcompatible on undernet

How do you get into the chatroom. There is no link at the bottom. It is just text.

Quote:

How do you get into the chatroom. There is no link at the bottom. It is just text.

Have you ever heard of IRC??? Let me guess this is your first computer and think internet consist of ICQ/messenger and IE6....

www.mirc.com

download it, go to undernet network and get into the #ntcompatible channel.

Yeah, I have heard of IRC. I do not want to download it because of spyware. I just thought that they would have one that you could just go on like they do at www.tweakxp.com . And, NO this is not my first comp. I have had plenty of comps. before, for your information. I have Internet Explorer and Windows Messenger, ICQ, MSN Explorer (I am on it right now!), and all of that other junk. I do not like the chat programs because they put that spyware crap on your computer and they slow down the comp. I have my comp. tweaked up pretty much as far as it will go. I know more about computers than what you think! I know more than what some people do. ;(

Just installing a chat program will not slow down your computer, and I don't see how you generalize that they all install spyware... I have used both mirc and trillian for IRC chat, and AFAIK neither of them have any spyware...

Using trillian might even speed up your computer, because you will be consoli[censored] your other chat programs (Windows Messenger, ICQ, etc.) into one program...

BTW, trillian fans around here might want to check out the Microscopic theme. I heard about it in Lockergnome, and I am really digging it...

Quote:
Just installing a chat program will not slow down your computer, and I don't see how you generalize that they all install spyware... I have used both mirc and trillian for IRC chat, and AFAIK neither of them have any spyware...

Very true. mIRC is one of the most efficient programs around when it comes to cpu cycles. Also, certainly neither Trillian or mIRC contain any spyware whatsoever.

IRC has been around longer than the World-Wide Web, so it's a pretty established thing.

Now if you want an example of a bloated chat program, then ICQ definitely seems to have become just that frown IRC is so much better than ICQ though anyway. smile

BTW, I usually lurk in the NTCompatible channel now whenever I'm online.

Quote:
Yeah, I have heard of IRC. I do not want to download it because of spyware. I just thought that they would have one that you could just go on like they do at www.tweakxp.com . And, NO this is not my first comp. I have had plenty of comps. before, for your information. I have Internet Explorer and Windows Messenger, ICQ, MSN Explorer (I am on it right now!), and all of that other junk. I do not like the chat programs because they put that spyware crap on your computer and they slow down the comp. I have my comp. tweaked up pretty much as far as it will go. I know more about computers than what you think! I know more than what some people do. ;(

I won't dignify this post with a proper reply, CUViper and Xiven said all that was necessary.