Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
donald

Slow Browsing with IE6/MSN Messenger Problem

2 Questions today smile

1) Not sure if this is a fault at my end or my ISP's but since Wedensday i have been experiencing some really slow http browsing sometimes upto 10 minutes to get a single webpage I use IE6 under XP Pro, and have Norton Personnel Firewall (no difference to browsing if enabled or disabled) i have a 512K NTL Cable Service.

I think the problem is more at my end because my Laptop shares the cable Modem via a wireless network, and that access the pages at the usual fast rate, plus if i use Opera on the Desktop i can access pages really fast. But i haven't changed any settings so have no idea why its started doing this.

2) Not too important though i used to use the tabs smile in MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger in the main window down the left habd side there used to be tabs with options like Expedia, UK Goverment and MSN Money/Stock Tracker those have now disappeared on my copy, any ideas on how to get them back, the help files said there is an option under Tools but its not there on mine.

Any Help appreciated Thanks.

Try to defragment your drive. I had that problem with my MSN Dial-up. When I defragged the drive it sped up MSN.

hi, i forgot i had posted this smile

i had defrag'd the drive no joy, i managed to fix it by rolling the system back 2 weeks.

If you are overclocking your comp stop that. That often makes the computer unstable. It did it to my Athlon.