Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ruggs

voodoo 2

For some reason I cannot get my voodoo 2 to display, the monitor just stays in the off mode, yes ive checked all the connections and different pci slots, the card isn't dead because in xp it says new hardware installed, tryed installing the drivers for it tono avail, just wanted to see if i could use this card for a secondary display because i tryed it in windows 2000 and it worked.

system:

ASUS A7V266-E

AMD XP 1800+

ASUS V8200 Geforce 3

Diamond Monster Voodoo 2 12 MB

768 DDR RAM

Win XP PRO

couple of h/d

couple of cd drives

Am I forgetting anything?

Microsoft has stopped supporting Voodoo 2 on the XP operating system because even the manufacturer is gone and doesn't support it anymore, so I don't blame them.

i did try the search function, and i did see that post and it didn't help

also when i install the 3rd party drivers it displays the device as a Sound, video and game controller, not a Display adapter like it should be...

The Voodoo 1 card I have in my 200 MMX box sits int he Sound Game and Video controller in system properties.

Quote:

The Voodoo 1 card I have in my 200 MMX box sits int he Sound Game and Video controller in system properties.

Does your voodoo card work for you?

Voodoo 1 and Voodoo 2 always showed up there. So if it's installed and it works, it's no problem.

Also, Admiral...that picture was meant as a summary of my words (basically, go and search, because I have no clue this time), so why tell me to shut up. It's called having fun, and no one took offense to it except you.

Yes my Voodoo Card works, but not in my XP system, works fine in the 200 MMX for old games.