Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Palos

Microsoft admits DX8.1 AMD troubles (link)

1) It's not true

2) It's Mega LOL, because The Inquirer is an untrustworthy, unreliable piece of ****.

Quote:

Did you click the link on the page? It's this one:

http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q321178

So, I am guessing that it's real afterall.

true, but what I'm SAYING is that it's not...I've never once come up with that error and neither has anyone I know that has an AMD system. So either they are talking about the old Athlons or they just really have me confused.

But #2, where I said that The Inquirer is unreliable...that part still stands, because it's true.

What's so unreliable about it?

It would be easier to list what is right with it, because that can be listed with one word:

Nothing smile

OK, the problem with The Inquirer is that the site cannot be considered objective.

The site is very much bias against Microsoft, you can see this instantly by reading this very report on the site.

Read the bottom half where the writer goes into some crazed attack on Microsoft support.

Where as the truth is "Phone Microsoft, reference the knowledge base article, support will be provided FOC and you will be e-mailed the patch".

I know this because I've phoned MS up on numerous occasions requesting files listed in the KB and even though I phone up with OEM product codes, as soon as I mention "KB told me to call you" everything is sorted out quickly and efficently.

We have a newspaper here in the UK called "The Sport" apart from the lovely ladies inside, it is also filled with stories that have no truth to them at all.

"Double Decker bus found on the moon"

"I married a wolfman"

The Inquirer is very much like this, they opperate under the theory and laws of average, run enough made-up or untrue stories and eventually they will get a couple spot on.

They are no better than the likes of The Register with their anti-MS views.

I can read and take anti-MS write-up's but not from a site that does just constantly bash them.

Hehe, bias is ok as long as you're presented with both sides of the coin. Personally I would like to see the issue from more than just one point of view. Theregister/Inquirer are also too Brit biased in my opinion, but it's just funny to see how some people get stressed about longterm disputes between "The Island" and "The Continent, a.k.a €urope) smile

The above story is all what the post is all about, it just happened to be in the Inquirer. Can anyone therefore argue against the "piece of news" instead of the "source" or the "bottom paragraph"?

Well, it's an interesting enough article, but I've never heard of anybody experiencing this issue.

Personally I don't own AMD CPU's so I cannot comment as to if this is a known issue, but I've never seen anybody say they are having such a problem.

This site can get quite busy and I don't think I've ever reas a threat about such an issue here.

There must be something to the story or why would MS have a KB entry for it, but I think more information than "AMD CPU's" is needed, hell for all ew know thay are talking about AMD 486-DX100's.

Quote:

We have a newspaper here in the UK called "The Sport" apart from the lovely ladies inside, it is also filled with stories that have no truth to them at all.
"Double Decker bus found on the moon"
"I married a wolfman"
The Inquirer is very much like this, they opperate under the theory and laws of average, run enough made-up or untrue stories and eventually they will get a couple spot on.
They are no better than the likes of The Register with their anti-MS views.
I can read and take anti-MS write-up's but not from a site that does just constantly bash them.

That's the first amendment for you... Let's hear it for the right to say whatever the **** you want whether it's true or not!

Making up stuff is great (I find the covers of the "Weekly World News" funny enough) but when you pass it off to people that are learning as fact, then I take major issue with that.

It also has such classics as "Aliens turned my son into a fish finger" and they had pics of the fish finger and everything!!!

Not that i read the sport you understand laugh

You must have seen the double-decker bus on the moon pictures too?

It was great, there was the moon and then there was the bus, at an angle, slightly covered by the moon surface.

The thing is, The SPort never really took itself seriously and the stories were just so bizarre they couldn't possibly be true.

The problem with our friends over at The Register & The Inquirer is that they try to pass themselves off as 100% legit sites.

If they want to be anti-whoever then go for it, but at least make sure all the stories are correct.

Quote:

Not that i read the sport you understand laugh
No, 'course you don't, you just look @ the pictures, right? laugh

hehe laugh seriously ive not even looked at it since i was about 12, thats when it was 'cool' to look at the sport....ohhhh your looking at the sport, how daring, i must worship you.... frown

I totally agree with you though bladerunner smile I find the reg to be better than the inquirer but they have alot of crap on them both that just isnt true.

I just consider them funny and irreplacable sources of bull$hit...

Where ekse can you learn that Jedi Knight is an official religion of UK etc....

I have experienced problems with my computer while playing games. It hangs. Also, MS made it official.