Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
aze

Intel's AGP driver

Olá pessoal!

Hello folks!

Intel Application Accelerator realy improve the system performance and reduces boot time. But I can't say something about Intel's AGP driver 'cause I couln't install it. I tried in 2 different machines using agp 4x running win2ksp2 + dx8.1 (both are nvidia vga runing with detonator latest stable version). I already re-instaled both systems but it don't works. The problem is: when finished instaled the files, the Intel AGP driver send a error message (nothing relevant). I tried everything but it don't works. I suppose it should make + FPS on quake3 smile

I already contacted Intel and they replied with no solution. They said maybe next version should solve it.

Any1 had this problem and could solve this?

The sys wich I tried:

----sys1----

ASUS P4B MOBO (INTEL 845)

P4 1.8@?

WIN2KSP2

DX8.1

GEFORCE4 MX ¿¿¿

detonator LSV

----sys1----

----sys2----

FASTFAME 3IEF (INTEL 815)

P3 1GHZ

WIN2KSP2

DX8.1

GEFORCE2 MX 200

detonator LSV

----sys2----

Thank you!

I think the reason you cannot install the Intel AGP driver is because it's for Intel built-in (to the motherboard) video, not for pci video cards. I'd wait for one of the more experienced posters to confirm this, since I'm not 100% sure.

Ron_Jeremy you are correct.

Intel's AGP driver is for intel onboard graphic chips only!!! like I815, I810, I845 etc. And most boards will not let you use onboard and add-on cards together so Aze, yours is a lost and meaningless cause.

You have to get Nvidia detonator drivers for your OS from http://www.nvidia.com

I suggest you stop trying to install them or you will mess up your W2k install. If you are seeing unknown devices on your device manager.

You have not installed Intel Chipset identification. But be careful, it should be installed after a clean W2k Setup or any OS setup since it can cause problems on a already setup running system like application accelerator.

Hi all!

I format my c:\ every day. smile (advanced user)

I said to Intel's support my videocard is a geforce2mx 400 but they dont reply back saying it must be onboard vga. (my mobo chipset is an i815e)

But I already tryed everyting and it didn't worked, so I'll credit in you guys. I'm satisfied with Intel Application Accelerator (IAA) + Intel InfInst.

Thank you guys!