Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ekstreme

Virtual Machine?

Hiya all,

I've just had to do a fresh install of XP. I went off to my online banking website, it asked me to install Virtual Machine, so I said OK, no probs. Next thing I know, I'm sitting on MS's site with a message saying MS no longer provide VM support for XP!!!

I installed the latest Java from the Sun website, but that makes no diff at all. Any suggestions please?

Maybe I missed something, but everything on that page I have mentioned above that I already tried. Could you point me to somethign more specific?

Thanks

I think it's unavailable from MS's site right now. Luckily I have a copy of the last version they had available. Get it here.

Hope it works out for you!

Edit: This is Version 5.00.3805

thanks a BUNCH!! that did the trick! Gawd knows what goes through the brains of MS sometimes

I was just going to post about this. I reinstalled my system and VM was nowhere to be found...I wonder why they took it away without any info on thier java-site??!!

Big thanks Davros! I'm downloading it now smile

NP guys!:D

I guess I'll leave it up there for a while then!

I've also added an extra download link to try and help anyone else who comes across the prob as I did. You can also find the file here. It won't be going anywhere anytime soon.