Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord Davis

Double The Speed Of Your PC

Read This Plz and tell me what you think.

Quote From:

http://www.doublepcspeed.com/?code=dpspt0710

*"Double The Speed Of Your Computer..

...These incredibly powerful words come from Daniel Sanderson, the nations leading authority on hardware optimization.

Daniel Says "I don't care what your technical ability is, you can easily get 100% more speed and efficiency out of your system..." Using the same strategies you're about to discover..."*

Go to the web site, listed above. does anybody know anyhting about this and has anyone purchased it?

another quote:

*"If you don't like the package for ANY reason – even because you don’t like the font size I use – you can return it for an immediate 100% refund of your purchase price. And remember, this is a lifetime guarantee. You’re free to return it next month, next year, or ten years from now."*

Sound Ok to Me. It cost $40US. If it was $40 Aus I would order but $80 is a bit much. anybody have it that could give me link/copy it would benifit everybody. thanks, nathan

If it sounds too good to be true...it usually is smile

Seriously, im my experience things like this are just not worth the time.

Last time I tried one of those things I was bitterly disappointed.

My penis still sits at a mere 3" frown

Sigh.

Double the speed? What speed? CPU/bus/video/modem/ISA/PCI/VLB/NIC/Floppy/CD/SCSI/IDE/SATA/sound/serial/USB/IEEE1394/

The only way to "double the speed & efficiency" is to ether make the USER more knowledgeable (thereby improving the speed and efficiency) or buy new hardware.

There is no 'tweak' in all of the time that I have been using computers that has doubled the speed & efficiency of my computer. (Altering common settings is not a tweak..if the hardware is supposed to be at that speed and isn't then changing it to the proper setting does not qualify as a tweak)

I doubled the speed of my Pentium II 3 years ago... I installed Windows NT 4 Server on it (32-bit code optimisation owns jo0!) laugh

My computer is currently sitting motionless. I can increase its speed by way more the 100% just by picking it up and walking around the room with it. wink

Does this package include a rubbish bin and a new computer. If not i don't see how it would be possible.

Or maybe he discovered a hidden MS registry setting that makes your cpu/mobo run at 50 percent. (Conspiracy theorist this is total bull$hit)

Oh i get it, he ships a touch activated Turbo Button sticker to you. You press it and psychologically you think it is twice as fast smile

The only ways I ever found to speed up a PC --I have been a Net Admin for over 10 years now and have built too many computers to count...

These are a list of my tips...Maybe they will work for you...

MSCONFIG.EXE (win 9x) stop Microsoft auto starting ( scheduling agent...Wcmdmgr..) and other programs that seem to want to startup when you boot...but you still that you can click them to start...(things like scanners...AIM...Yahoo...Quick Time Updater...Antivirus Updaters....Div X Updaters...Real Updaters.)You should also check what is in your start menu...programs...startup...folder.

gpedit.msc (WIN2K/NT/XP) to stop services that you don't use..If you are not networked and a stand alone computer...you can turn alot of the auto networking features off or set them to manual...Also the error reporting and the Auto Up[censored] features...You should also turn off the Guest and the Remote Access users..

Turn Off the Auto Time Update feature (winxp)

Personally I have found that with systems with less than 64mb memory Fat does better than Fat 32....

On an Nt/win2k/WinXp system NTFS is quicker but turn off the auto indexing (winxp) [program files folder then right click properties and then advanced] on programs that you don't use frequently ...The less it has to keep track of ...the quicker the components you do use come up..

This is my schedule...

On Win2K/XP/NT

Empty IE cache every 2 days...

Defrag 1 time a week...(unless I surf the web for more than 3 days a week) then I defrag 2 times a week.

Scandisk every 2 weeks.

Disk Cleanup after every 2 programs that I install or unistall.

Win 9X/ME

Defrag 2 times a week...

Scandisk every 2 weeks...

Empty the IE cache every 2 days..

Disk Cleanup after every 2 programs that I install or unistall.

The biggest thing to speed up a system is not having everything on the desktop....or starting up automatically.

If you are technically profficient.

regedit from the run command.

and remove...registry keys for things that you will not install.

Some values windows puts in automatically...just in case you do install the software...and most programs put the value in themselves when they install.

Example...On my laptop which Has a1.5 gig HD...I removed all the references to Nescape and AOL...

Kind of trimming the fat...

Always Make a backup before you mess with the registry so you can easily go back....

Also have found out that in IE 6.0 by turing off the Auto Resize pictures (Tools..Internet Options...Advanced ((near the bottom)))

makes web pages load up quicker.

and setting your browser to the home page about:blank ...makes it come up quicker to surf the web.

I have also found that IE works quicker if you remove things that you don't use in the tool bar (for me I only have the Back-Stop-Forward-refresh-home-search-favorites)...that IE comes up faster.

For older systems...I have also found that by going with 16million and not 24 million or 32million colors...make the system seem to run quicker...you really can hardly tell the difference between that many colors.

You should on 9x either download Xsetup or Tweak UI to turn off certain features that you don't use.

You can also get them For Nt/win2K/winxp as well...

these are just my personal ways to speed up a system...

Hope they can help you.

such BS

i can't beleive the level of intellegence for people who actually beleive this sort of things work.

Quote:

Last time I tried one of those things I was bitterly disappointed.
My penis still sits at a mere 3" frown

Nice self-damaging insult smile