Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Uykucu

What is your favorite drink? (by recommendation from Four an

I like a Cold beer after a warm day.

But my usual choices are Raki with dinner (Turkish Traditional Drink) and Jack Daniels.

mostly heineken and on the weekends i like a little scotch (chivas) and soda

Guinness and Jack Daniels here smile

I detest all things lager.

Guinness and Heinekin for me too.

THo if I am going to drink hard stuff then some good So-Jiu.

In the summer a cool decent lager like Grolsh,1664 or Carling Premier is good. However I really like ales like Spitfire and Speckled Hen ... although they are more of a winter drink in my book. As for spirits I enjoy a double shot straight of JDs or a decent Dark Rum now and then.

Anyone besides me ever had Heineken Dark?

Not an easy one to find here in the States.

I am currently wanting to try 'Makers Mark' (A bourbon) But I cannot get it anywhere around near me frown

Smirnoff Ice, SKYY Blue, and Screwdrivers. So, I guess you can say I dig vodka...

Here is my Cognac and my blunt

cognac.jpg

there is nothing quite like Cognac, Marijuana and Tobacco. It's really not about getting drunk at all it is about felling really, really nice. However it is a stupidly expensive habit. I like the high end bottles of Hennesy and Hine and those start in at around $150 for a 1/5 and range up into the $600-$700 dollar range. So mostly I go over to my rich friends houses and drink their Cognac since they were the ones who got me started drinking the fine stuff anyway.

I am glad to see that my suggestion turned into such a popular thread allready

<edit>

I dug up some info about Cognac off the net just in case you guys were interested.

All Cognac is brandy, but not all brandy is Cognac. While brandy can be made anywhere, true Cognac--an alcoholic distillate that captures the fragrant spirit of the wine--can be created only in a precisely delimited area of the Charentes region of south-western France. It is an area whose renown lies in a unique combination of geography, geology and history--of earth, air and fire.

Here, the Hine family has been creating fine Cognacs since the 18th century, when Englishman Thomas Hine married into a great Cognac family and developed the company to which he gave his name.

The present generation of Hines, Jacques and Bernard Hine, carry on the family tradition from the original Hine residence, with its tall windows overlooking the River Charente to the Grande Champagne vineyards beyond. It stands proudly in Jarnac at the very heart of the region.

Family Reserve (Grande Champagne)

Aged an average of 45 to 55 years, Family Reserve is made of Cognacs from the Grande Champagne district only. It carries on a tradition established by previous Hine generations, who reserved small batches of a specially created blend in their cellars, appropriately named Paradis.That Family Reserve was strictly rationed for family occasions and privileged guests; today's Family Reserve is released in a limited number of bottles each year.

Family Reserve has extraordinary breeding which unites all the qualities of a great Cognac: the nose is extremely rich and aromatic, marked by great distinction and strength of character, subtle floral and sylvan perfumes and delightful rancio.The palate notes mellowness, plenitude, and finally a long finish. The smallest sip lingers.

</edit>

Quote:

Smirnoff Ice, SKYY Blue, and Screwdrivers. So, I guess you can say I dig vodka...

Have you tried Grey Goose or Belvader
I love those vodkas
They are so smooth that I just drink them on the rocks

My favorite American beer is probably Samuel Adams Summer Ale as I love a good hefeweizen. I love the Belgian stouts, bocks, and trapists. I drink alot of Westvleteren and Spaten Optimator. I also enjoy the maibocks very much.

guiness for beer (althought a good dark ale will do) and gin (Bombay Blue Saphire) for liquor.

Upset! Just found out I have an ulcer, can no longer drink my favorite beer, heineken. Well I can drink, but the result is a toilet bowl full of blood.

Quote:

guiness for beer (althought a good dark ale will do) and gin (Bombay Blue Saphire) for liquor.

I hope you're not talking about Guiness Foreign Extra Stout, that stuff tastes like soy sauce! Looks like it too. I assume you mean Guiness Draught. It's ok, but the stuff is pretty weak.

Quote:
Originally posted by CyberGenX
Upset! Just found out I have an ulcer, can no longer drink my favorite beer, heineken. Well I can drink, but the result is a toilet bowl full of blood.

Heineken? Major skunk beer! Though, sometimes strangely enough I get into the mood to have one. Ulcers suck dude. I had one a little over a year ago. A peptic ulcer I think is what they called it. Basically what happened is I went to sleep one night at about 11:00 right after eating a huge dinner. Woke up with stomach pains and it progressively got worse over about 2-3 weeks until I was even having pain while standing up. I took some medication that lessens the amount of acid produced by your stomach for about 3 weeks and it was gone. Yes, I drank alcohol while I was taking them. Oh well. I did have problems from time to time for about six months afterwards, but it finally totally went away about 8 months ago.

Heineken is one of the best lagers I have tasted ... although this was in the brewery in Amsterdam; and in the middle of a 48 hour drinking stint.

A double shot of Johnny Walker Black Label (or Gold Label if the chick is hot enough and there is a hint of poonani in the air :D) or some Jim Beam if getting hammered quick is the event.