Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jason B

I have modem troubles.

I just put XP Pro on a little while ago, and it runs really nice. smile

I had a Lucent Win Modem before I upgraded to 2000 Pro, and it wouldn't work right. So, I put this modem in, and it works fine under ME and 2000, but not XP. It will connect, but it does it all screwy, and it connects slower than normal.

ATM, I have a Dual-boot of ME and XP Pro. Someone told me to see if the Win Modem will work, and I will try that later, but does anyone know of anything else that will help? Any help is appreciated. smile

That modem seems to lack any sort of NT support. Personally, I have a Lucent Winmodem and it works fine under ME, 2000, XP and 9x.

Yeah, Lucent Winmodems are usually supported by all OS's because it is quite generic in types of winmodems anyways.

OK, so in theory, the Winmodem will work in XP? I absolutely could not get it to work in 2000. Neither could some of the techs at school, or one of the A+ certified techs that go around to all the local schools.

Can you point me to some WinModem drivers for XP, not on driverguide?

Nope. It does the same exact thing that it did to me in 2000. It starts to dial, then the system hangs, and it sits at the Verifying Password part of it.

this one works OK, but it is very screwy, and I don't connect as fast as normal. frown