Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Guvernment

Just an idea for sigs

Heyall

well, i know i am not really one to talk, but i use the tags in my sig to make it somewhat smaller....

i was thinking perhaps make it a rule that people need to use the or 2, tag or something, and make their specs go left to right, instead of upand down to trim down on the size?

Just an idea..

Or perhaps get the VB hack to only allow a sig to appear once per page....?

I just dont like it when ppl do there computer specs downwards instead of across like yours (Yours being across ways!). Ends up taking up loads of space for a 1 line post, just 1 of my pet hates laugh

I don't care for PC specs in the sig at all, unless it's a link to your specs (in the manner that Four and Twenty has his). But that's just my opinion.

I like to show off my rigs, but it was getting ridiculously long, so I just started linking my specs instead.

Why don't we create an additional DB and link our sig's to that? if anybody wants to show off, they can update it there etc.

I personally don't see any point on showing my rig config. It is too much like in your face. And not everybody in the forum can afford the evermore expensive HW.

I include my PC's in my sig not to show off, but to save having to itemise components when I post with a problem - luckily don't have too many problems laugh

I agree with using small size and line wrap rather than one line per component - a thread ends up being umpteen pages long with 2 messages on each page

Not the way vB works. It goes by # of posts, not by length, but still, it's a bad thing when your sig routinely is longer than your actual message.

true true

this linking is a good idea

but also as said, nice to have things there for when uhave a problem.

how hard would it be NT admins to have a DB here with everyone specs in it?

(i am posting on Vb.org for a possible hack to do this as well)

or you can add the hack which only shows someones sig once per page, but this will nto stop huge sigs.

here is the link to the request i am making. Admins - Would you implement this if someone made it?

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40832

Quote:

how hard would it be NT admins to have a DB here with everyone specs in it?

(i am posting on Vb.org for a possible hack to do this as well)

Given the site already runs mySQL and PHP it shouldn't be too difficult to hack up a solution based around those components. I would imagine the most difficult part of the excercise would be coming up with the database structure itself but even that shouldn't too difficult if you have knowledge of SQL and relational databases.

I made a php/mysql driven computer inventory web page for a company I worked for. The structure isnt that big of a problem, the hard part was figuring out all the fields to put in.

IDE0 m/s

IDE1 m/s

scsi?

monitors?

video(1)

video(2)

Anyways I'm sure you know what I am getting at.

I think I still have the source for it, all though cosmetically it will have to be spruced up.

Maybe in 2 weeks. I am right now far to busy with another project.

Sweeettt.... Now I can stick my NT Compatibility list in my Sig! WOOT!

:wtf:

For now just use the

tag, and make it size 1, that is what mine is at.

SIG GOES HERE[/size

of course add a following ] @ the end.

laugh