Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Alien

Updated SB Live! and SB Audigy drivers and tools

According to the Audigy NG on CL's news server they are not new, they are the same as the drivers from Compaq.

Better than the ones from CL? I haven't tried the Compaq ones myself, & when I do a reinstall [it will happen...eventually] I plan to try the Drivers Only option because of the stupid mixer issue with the normal install. Well, actually I didn't do the full/typical install - I didn't want that Play Centre POS on here. smile

Yes these are better than the older ones from CL. Ive been using these compaq drivers for a little while now and all the problems with the CL drivers for me are fixed. Even the sound quality is alot better.

I've downloaded these drivers...

Everytime I run the setup it says that it could not detect any Sound Blaster Audio card in my system.

I have a Live 5.1

Any ideas what's going on?

Dilligaf

supid question I know but...

How do I extract the files from the .exe to kill the CToem.cfg file?

tried winace, and wasn't too surprised at failure wink heh

so what do I use?

Thanks in advance to any help offered wink

Quote:

supid question I know but...

How do I extract the files from the .exe to kill the CToem.cfg file?
tried winace, and wasn't too surprised at failure wink heh

so what do I use?

Thanks in advance to any help offered wink
Winzip. smile

Now what's this about the CToem.cfg file? I vaguely remember seeing as mention of it somewhere, but would appreciate details.

Quote:

Winzip. smile

Now what's this about the CToem.cfg file? I vaguely remember seeing as mention of it somewhere, but would appreciate details.

Instructions given in the link to the file in question:
"
Sound Blaster Audigy - for Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP only Sound Blaster Live - for Windows 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP only WDM Driver Version (ctaud2k.sys): 5.12.01.0244

Included applications:

Creative AudioHQ v1.10.21
Creative Windows Diagnostic v2.00.16
Creative MiniDisc Center v1.01.14
Creative PlayCenter v3.01.57
Creative Recorder v2.00.24
Creative Surround Mixer v2.00.26
Creative TaskBar v1.00.26
Creative WaveStudio v4.21.07
Creative Remote Center v1.40.21 (Only applies to Platinum and Platinum eX users)

As Rancho* said in an earlier post - Creative was releasing new drivers, however for those of you who are unable to, or can't afford to buy the CD I've found a direct link to download the Compaq Complete CD which will work. Just extract the downloaded exe to any directory ****delete the CToem.cfg**** from "audiosetup directory" you now have an official "Creative Full Version CD". Burn if you wish or just run setup to install. "

there you have it, all fully explained wink

You need to kill that oem file or it will think you have a compaq smile The ones i downloaded though were only ~13MB as some1 had just ripped em outta the big archive. Ill see if i can find the link for that a bit later today smile