Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
teenguy

Lunix

In our work place Lunix has been installed. I feel Winnt would be a better choice than Lunix.

Any comments for me.

Lunix = a version of Unix that only works when there's a full moon?

AndyF laugh ;(

Come on Jonny just let the commodore die. If your screen is green it's time to move on. My cell phone has better graphics!

I think any OS is better than one written so long ago for machines that are no longer used, supported, thought about.

Hey lunix still supports newer hardware... and old hardware. Cant say the same about dwildows. Only problem is... lunix is for coders... and people who dont care for using dwildow software. dwildows is high budget designed to wipe the *** of the user. lunix says f-you figure it out yourself dickhead. lunix is fun if your a computer enthusiast. Its free stable and makes great server/firewall. For workstation lunix still isnt up to par. Its getting better though. Anybody seen gnome lately? If your willing to let go of the dwildow architecture ( I cant. Asp.net is my pimp. ) then go for lunix.

Linux isnt really "that" hard to make work.

There are a few things that may snag ya up, but considering

the license fees, linux vs ms. Linux is the way to go, especially for a server, you config it once and let it go, it can collect dust, sit in water, anything and will still plug away as whatever you set it out to do. (ok maybe not sit in water, but damn close!)

them thar winderz may be purty, but you cant beat linux, especially for something dedicated, config, leave it, done, for good.