Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
clutch

America's Army: Ops RECON

Just wanted to say that this game is working flawlessy on my system so far, and that it's worth checking out (208MB freebie demo sponsored by US tax dollars, but what are you gonna do eh? :)).

http://www.americasarmy.com/

Pfft, Army.

America's Air Force or Marines. Now THAT would be a game. wink

HAHAHA USA TAX DOLLARS !! HAHA

I PAIDED O CENTS FOR this game !

i'm glad i live in Canada

I downloaded it and played it up intil the third training mission. It seems that you have to play online for it and as there are only about a dozen servers at best available you can never progress. O well not bad for a free game. I think it's a work in progress type of free game.

Carl

Actually there is quite a few servers running it but they are so busy I can only see a few of them at best sometimes. the mission to qualify after the training missions is tuff!

but it is supposed to support server browsing in the future and it is a work in progress .

I am just not to happy I had to put in gamespy just so I could connect to the game after...

other than that I like this game and look forward to playing it more.

Quote:

Then you got a helluva deal for the "O" cents that you "paided" for this game. Congrats.

Right now it would appear that many more servers are being setup, and that players actually have to qualify for online play before they can just go out there and become targets. Should provide some interesting balance in multiplayer gaming.

It's not just the game servers that are busy [not that I'd know], the download servers are maxed out too - I've tried getting it from severeal servers - all set up in Mass Downloader, but none of them are complete yet. Still, I'll get it sooner or later.

Good for you... your govnt. just spent over $320 million on G8 summit security (which is about $10,000 USD :-) the only difference is that my grandchildren will have beards before CAD govnt./army (you have army, right?) releases such game...

mt

[

Quote:

I'm glad Canadians have gud grammerer:p

Quote:

It's not just the game servers that are busy [not that I'd know], the download servers are maxed out too - I've tried getting it from severeal servers - all set up in Mass Downloader, but none of them are complete yet. Still, I'll get it sooner or later.

try at
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/americasarmy/
when the others were busy I got it here at around 350k a sec. took about 15 minutes to download.
give it a try.
S

So, how are the shooters doing in it? I got to "sharpshooter" (33/40) in my 3rd attempt, but I would like to get expert (36+ out of 40) if I can. Has anyone done it yet?

hmm..game is not showing up in Gamespy...then again, i haven't even completed the trainings, i shot the instructor and landed myself in jail, hehe

Yeah, nice harmonica playing in the background, eh?

wink

yah, couldn't do anything, tried to lay down, take a whiz...nothing...tried to find a pan the bang against the bars too, hehe...ended up trying to play online, but couldn't get the game to show up, so i played gta3 instead

Quote:

So, how are the shooters doing in it? I got to "sharpshooter" (33/40) in my 3rd attempt, but I would like to get expert (36+ out of 40) if I can. Has anyone done it yet?

Oh man I missed it by one shot. I had 35. Haven't seen what happens if I try it again though..
S

Yeah, if you qualify expert you can go to Sniper School. Which I believe is the only way you can be a sniper in the game. As the game progresses you can go to Ranger School, get Airborne training, as well as a couple other things i was looking at. The RECON version of the game is kinda like a beta play testing version. Yes its full but at the same time some of the features and levels still need to be polished and finalized. The reason that the MOUT servers are so full is that they never expected so many people to download it (over 500,000 in 36 hours). This game might just be the counter-strike killer that hard core fans have been looking for. One thing i like is the 'Virtual Jail' that way retards will have to go through and complete the training all over again before they can play online, so that way it keeps the retards off, because who would want to go through a few hours of training just to get your character banned again.

All in all this game is going to rock. I can't wait for 'AA: Soldiers' to come out.

Just downloading this atm (God bless america :D) the faq that i read though makes it sound like the game has some good ideas, like that jail thing which sounds cool. Does this game use the new unreal engine, the 1 thats going to be used in U2 and UT2003?!?!?

Apparently it does ... although there are a few texturing problems with the implementation in this game.

Carl

So that would make it the first game to be released on the new unreal engine laugh

Pretty much, although Sniper School and a bunch of other stuff isn't available in this released version. I wonder if the scores do carry over when the full version hits the streets (was reading at www.americasarmy.com that it's going to be fall of this year). I am at 35/40 now, which is even more frustrating than before...

laugh

I just got 35 as well frown But i hate the M16, gimme an M4 anyday laugh

The trick is to only use one round per target ... but i'm sure your all doing that.

Carl