Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ZEHN

Where is everybody?

Is it me or my puter?

or are there not so many questions being posted?

maybe my cookie thing isn't set right?

Probably the forums have hit critical mass where a search can answer nearly any question.

Doubtful. Forums such as Ars Technica still get posts daily and their forum is large than NTCompatible.

Several factors:

1. No forumgoers with ummm.... "distinct" personalities. (You know what I mean wink ) These guys would provide a massive influx of new forumgoers just to see their rantings and ravings. Once they came to the forum they would see how good it was and stick around. Unfortunately...or fortunately we haven't had one of those since "A" and before that was "J".

2. No big OS debate. 2K vs XP. NT vs 9x has been hashed over so many times that a search of the forums can pretty much answer the standard questions. With less and less people using 9x now that XP is out there is almost no 9x vs NT debate anymore and 2k VS XP debate is still there but hardly at a level to provide an influx of new members.

3. No big projects. I puter along with my NT4 SP6a slipstream project, my NT Game list Project, and my checklists for newbie's and for my workcenter, Howto's on various things from Networking to Windows. Most forums have a central project to work around or a goal. TechPC lets' the forum members review products and desing How-To's. ArsTechnica has their members design articles for their site and has their free software project. NTCompatible just has users who browse the boards and help each other out.

well Lets see what can be done to spark some "input".

Maybe it was the world cup? smile

we will see if it picks up again, now it is over.

But i notice nearly all the posts are HW or machine specific problems, which makes Dosfreak's argument very valid.

Wait till .Net server comes out then we will have all the M$ insults going.

Could it be, possibly, that with W2k & XP, MS finally have a set of OSes that "does exactly what it says on the tin"?

AndyF

PS Apologies for the quote marks, it won't make sense if you don't live in the UK...;)

Brain

I pretty much do a "search for" and get the answers i need, also I stalk another forum called 2CPU.com that answers alot of my questions.

I like books also and the "help section" of windows works well too.

I find I learn better with the above method, and come here for links to web sites. That is a god send for you all to post them here.

I meant no offence Brian, just making an observation. I am a little clumsy sometimes with my words and I have a dry sense of humour also which is not a real good combination...all the time.

Quote:

Could it be, possibly, that with W2k & XP, MS finally have a set of OSes that "does exactly what it says on the tin"?

AndyF

PS Apologies for the quote marks, it won't make sense if you don't live in the UK...;)

ehhh no. The release of 2K had many issues but almost none were GUI based but were rather "How do I get 2K workin on my 'puter?" (ACPI mostly) or "How do I get my applications to work".

XP still has the same issues (less ACPI problems since ACPI hardware has progressed more) but also adds to those issues by the MASSIVE # of complaints by users who have issues with the GUI.

well, it is summer time now, its ok to go outside.

WARNING!

Please check UV Index for your area before going outside without wearing proper sunblock.

I was out all weekend drinking - got back yesterday.

Its Canada Day long weekend up here eh?

Made it back here a few times to check up though, not my normal 10 times a day thing, but it was satisfying.