Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DosFreak

The new Apple Commercials

Well im selling my pc and getting an apple, join the club laugh

On the subject of Apple vs. PC I have just 1 thing to say:

PC = Proper Computer! laugh

Quote:
Only with a Mac do you find absolutely flawless integration of hardware and software.
Really... and that why a friend of mine has just recently had so much trouble getting his printer to work with his Mac... hmmm.

Quote:
Only with a Mac do you get an operating system built by the same people who built the computer it runs on.
So whens the DoJ going to combat this lil manopoly. LOL.

I could go on and poke holes at a lot more on there...

Oh just one more!! "It's beautiful" - give me a break! Urgh! If I wanted a computer that looked like a, well, Mac, I'd buy a Mac LOL.

Quote:

Oh just one more!! "It's beautiful" - give me a break! Urgh! If I wanted a computer that looked like a, well, Mac, I'd buy a Mac LOL.

Or you could buy a lamp and slap a Mac logo on it. Hell, it'll probably run apps just as fast and *still* be more compatible.

laugh

Quote:
Only with a Mac do you get an operating system built by the same people who built the computer it runs on.

Apart from Sun, IBM, HP, SGI...

...and anyway, I thought MacOS X was a version of Unix - so Apple are saying they wrote Unix?

AndyF laugh

They say its based on UNIX - thats one of the 10 reasons... but then NT was based on UNIX too right.

Apple just suck hehe - sorry everyone who loves 'em!

Lets see here: PC's have more trouble. Why: more users, more hardware, more programs. Any computer will have problems, whether it's a Mac or PC.

Yeah, but unfortunately, I think that actually was part of Intel's marketing for the P4...

Na, ive found that the net is at least 10x quicker on my pc, since getting a p4.

Dunno if maybe getting adsl had something to do with that but hey, ill give this 1 to intel laugh

and if u tell an apple person that he got the **it end of the stick he gets really mad.

like u just called his mom names

they are just bummed they got stuck with a apple

I don't mind having alternatives, but it bugs me when the supporters are so zealous as to completely ignore other possibilities. I don't have anything against Linux, OS X, but they are just not the best for me.

Software is a big thing here too, specifically games---especially since Loki was going under last I heard, and they were the major porter of Windows-to-Linux games. I also like the freedom to buy something off the shelf at Best Buy and not have to worry if I'll be able to get it working under my OS.

If I were to have a Mac, I'd want that defunct Mac Cube---that was soooo awesome.

Hey guys, stop fighting...Apple is so cool, you know how it is...with their whole stealing the GUI from Xerox and then trying to patent it and all ;(

And they say MS is a monopoly.

Jobs is planning to port MacOS to the PC, which is a great alternative...however, there is no alternative in my opinion for a PC.

^^^^^

and your thought is backed by what?...lol

MACS do things for some people , and PC do others.

to each their own

i have worked on a MAC G3, only had 128mb of ram, and saw NO positives over it from my p3 500. it was my sis b/f, and he alwayy was like, my MAC is better then your PC.

Until i started multitasking with PS, Illustrator, bryce, and running an ftp, icq, a few IE windows, i then told him to try that,

he opened Photoshop, then tried to open Illustrator and got the error of

"You are out of system resources, in order to blah blah, please close some applications"

that shut him up for a while smile

Macs can be good, for interior decorating maybe smile

From my limited experience with desktop Macs, I can say they don't seem to offer much advantage over equally priced PC hardware, but as far as portable systems go, Macs (iBook and PowerBook Titanium)are very very nice indeed.

They really do offer equal performance to their desktop equivilants and a PowerBook G4 w/800Mhz cpu and 512Mb of ram costs about the same as a suped up P4 notebook with much the same features.

I don't know, I think Macs are pretty cool, they have their place in the market. The publishing industry would be lost without their Macs.

PS, OS X is very cool to use. It looks great and seems to be super stable. You can adjust the size of the Dock so it's not so obtrusive. Only thing is, from a cold boot, it takes bloody forever to boot up, at least on my brother PowerBook 667.

Quote:
Quote:

and if u tell an apple person that he got the **it end of the stick he gets really mad.

like u just called his mom names
they are just bummed they got stuck with a apple

They are a zealous lot, aren't they? Same with Linux folks, & same with Win32 folks (I used to be an AWFUL lot like that myself... bigtime!)...

* To a degree I am still, but not as bad... I actually like & respect both Apple MacOS X & Linux with KDE 3.0 on it!

(Especially, You cannot really knock Linux for coming as far as it has in a decade supported only by its following/followers who developed for it & what-not... pretty amazing socio-cultural phenomenon if you ask me! From what I have seen of MacOS X, I am pretty impressed to be quite honest... nice solid Unix based BSD core with a SUPER-NICE looking Aqua style interface to boot.)

smile

APK

P.S.=> Oh, that commercial I mention above? It's an HP one... I just saw it here on WinTV32 no less... apk

I don't care what any of you say... frown

The Commodore 64 was considerably better than the Speccy 48k laugh

laugh ;( laugh ;(