Sign in to follow this  
INFERNO2000

If you could upgrade just 1 thing in your system what would

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

Just what it says

I'll start out:

I'd like to change from my 19" CRT to a 19"(or 20") LCD or dual 15" LCDs

For me, it's a toss-up between a new monitor and a new CD-ROM. The monitor wins out slightly because apart from a problem ejecting my CD-ROM still works, my monitor is a 7 year old (my parents got it with their first PC) 14" POS with brightness and convergance issues.

There's only 2 things that I really want now - 1 of those 120GB WD Special Edition drives. & a DVD drive - so far the most suiable candidate seems to be a Toshiba 1 that I've seen. However, as much as I would like a DVD drive, I need a lot more HDD room, so having to pick 1 thing then it would be a HDD.

Personally id love an LCD, a big 1 laugh bit expensive atm though frown

Quote:

There's only 2 things that I really want now - 1 of those 120GB WD Special Edition drives. & a DVD drive - so far the most suiable candidate seems to be a Toshiba 1 that I've seen. However, as much as I would like a DVD drive, I need a lot more HDD room, so having to pick 1 thing then it would be a HDD.

I have 2 100GB and a 120GB of this, and they are sweet. As for wanting something else my system it would be a tie between a DVD burner (I don't like anything I have seen yet) and a new monitor configuration (maybe twin 17"+ LCDs).

Quote:

I have 2 100GB and a 120GB of this, and they are sweet. As for wanting something else my system it would be a tie between a DVD burner (I don't like anything I have seen yet) and a new monitor configuration (maybe twin 17"+ LCDs).

I am a bit more greedy. I would like a 24" or 28" Plasma. I already have the wireless goody's and a Lazy Boy couch. Maybe in the next 15 days or next month smile

It works fine with a TV but 42" is a bit big even for me? And that Sony plasma is crap on VGA input.

I should have bought a Samsung at half the Price. Shame on me, to be so unpatient.

And what resolution would you get out of that size? I would like 1600x1200, and razor sharp with fine color blending. I don't need anything larger currently, especially if using dual monitors.

I would like 2 80GIG drives on RAID, so Adobe Premiere doesn't f&ckin' stutter on playback!

I would like a pair of the WD 120GB 8MB buffer HDDs. My current drives are nearly full since I discovered the joys of SVCD. smile

Also, I could use a Pioneer DVD burner, and an ATI All-in-Wonder card. I've got a huge VHS collection that needs to be preserved! Regular CD's would be fine for this, but I still want the DVD burner for other, larger backups, etc.

I'll probably wait to get these items when I build a whole new box dedicated to multimedia. The more computers you get, the more you need!

Definately "other": I´d rip out that ****ing motherboard of mine, put it on the road, start that nasty ***** of caterpillar and start some heavy freakin' modding. Dammit, I can´t describe how much I hate that bastard! mad

I don´t need a new monitor, my EIZO / Nanao FlexScan works like a charm and has excellent image quality. Makes up for the crappy signals from my GeForce wink

And diskspace neither, 380GB net diskspace is enough for the moment.

However, I could use a DVD burner, if only it supported up to DVD-10 dual layer double sided DVDs which work in stand alone DVD movie players.

Quote:

1 phrase.........I have a GeForce2 MX
You fishing for sympathy? laugh

Quote:

Definately "other": I´d rip out that ****ing motherboard of mine, put it on the road, start that nasty ***** of caterpillar and start some heavy freakin' modding. Dammit, I can´t describe how much I hate that bastard! mad
I take it you don't have the latest version of it then? [v1.3] smile

The upgrade I want is a faster video card, however, what I need to get is a CD burner as my current one locks up my PC randomly and has done it on another rig.

Quote:

And what resolution would you get out of that size? I would like 1600x1200, and razor sharp with fine color blending. I don't need anything larger currently, especially if using dual monitors.

Well TV goes 2048x1536 which is the highest my Geforce 3 can support.
So i am guessing monitor will go that much too.
Thing is, I don't particularly like 2 Monitors unless i absolutely have to. so idea is to get a biggest screen you can.

What is the max res on Geforce 4??? I might get one if it is any higher and the new monitor supports it.

I would upgrade the PCI bus to a gigabit interface, and get rid of the old "legacy" crap that slows everything down.

@ Alien

No, it´s revision 1.0. But since 1.3 too uses the 686b southbridge, what is won here?

Quote:

@ Alien

No, it´s revision 1.0. But since 1.3 too uses the 686b southbridge, what is won here?
I dunno what's different between the 2 versions [aside from the 1.3 being able to use Athlon XPs upto 2100 (possibly a 2200 as well, but not sure on that)], but now that I've got my Audigy it's all "smooth sailing" here. No more having to reboot when the sound dies, as it did with my SV2. Ok, so there is 1 teeny weeny issue - occasional skipping whilst playing MP3s with Winamp, but that's it. The last time I rebooted was almost 4 days ago, & that was because I installed something or changed a setting [i forget what].

What problems are you having with your 1.0?

<edit>
Though for the sake of honesty/accuracy I haven't tried any games with it since I got my Audigy, as I have some other stuff that needs sorting/processing then burning to CD so that I can make some room to install any games.
</edit>

I had alot of problems with my brothers kt7a, but the via latency patch (3rd party would you beleve) fixed them all. www.viahardware.com if you wanna try it.