Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
neuralfx

"has generated errors." Win2k/MoHAA problem

hey guys. Have a problem, I've noticted quite a few things I open come up with the error "program.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You must restart the program" something along those lines (where program.exe is a name of any program).

This most notably happens when i try to play Medal of Honor Allied Assault. What happens in that game is when I am loading the map right before it finishes loading, my Windows Taskbar shows up at the bottom and the program freezes then that error comes up.

I am using SMP. my system specs are as follows

Tyan Tiger MP

2x 1600MP's

512mb ram

Adaptec 39160 scsi

Cheetah x15 36LP 18.4gig

UltraPLEX 40x reader

PlexWriter 40x

GF4 4400

3ware 7210 RAID/ 1 120gb WD1200JB

Windows 2000

This is more or less a fresh install. Haven't had this problem on my other Win2k machines. I have been installing most of my software on my 120gb drive F. Which I wouldn't think would cause this problem. Again this happens on more than just MoHAA, when I was installing my Audigy drivers, it did the same thing but somehow the installer kept going. My error log doesn't say anything too exciting, i have a Dr. Watson entry that says something about some API call .. not too informative for me though .. thanks in advance for any help ..

-neural

Sampson, it is actaully the exact same error, the only thing that changes is the program name.

"program.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You must restart the program"

This also happened when i tried to install my Audigy drivers, I think it tried to write some registry settings and then it happened .. but the Audigy install continued like nothing happened, and works fine..

-neural

Ok. When this message displays, it also creates a log file. DrWatson (choose Start-Run and type - drwtsn32) will allow you to see where a program croaks. In other words, the message displayed in the box may be the same, but Watson may find a different culprit for each failure. On the other hand, it may find that the same procedure is responsible for each failure. Watson can only trace the compiled version of the program against the hardware/software calls on your system so we may or may not be able to find out what the failure is from Watson, but it will allow you to find out if it is the same call for each program that "generates" errors.