Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Uykucu

Who is going to win the world cup v2.0

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

Ok the old one is out of date and closed since some of the favorites are out!

Who is going to win???

All I can say is that unless England have been holding back up until now, they haven't got a snowball's chance against Brazil...:(

AndyF

Andy,

I really do not know how you can say that, I really don't.

We controlled the game against Denmark, there was no way they were ever going to get back in to the game after the first goal, let alone the second and third.

As for Brazil, they are certainly not the unbeatable gods they like to think they are.

Did you see them against Belgium?

It was just poor defending by Belgium, they let Brazil run at them with the ball, they kept falling back and that is when they got into trouble.

Friday's game is going to be quite possibly the game of the World Cup and I can see no reason what so ever why England will not be playing in the semi finals and then the final Vs Germany.

I always root for my home team, so GO USA!!

I don't really expect them to win, but the farther they get, the happier I'll be...

We'll just have to wait and see...if England do win, I can't see many people turning up to work on Friday laugh I'm Welsh anyway, so I'm just sulking because we have such a cr@p football team wink

The one thing that has made this World Cup so interesting is the fact that so many of the "top flight" teams went out so early - I think for once, we have a truly "World" Cup - with teams from 4 out of 5 continents getting past the group stages.

The best World Cup we've had in years, I think it will be remembered for a long time to come, not for who wins, but because it was so interesting!!

AndyF

Brazil looks good because of their flashy offense, but they don't have a very good defense. I would love to see the hoodlum fans from England take home a World Cup.

I would love to see the hoodlum fans from England take home a World Cup.

LOL

They will be taking home a cup anyway......and a few necklasses, teeth in a jar, blood stained T-Shirts.

Actually, England supports have actually caused no problems this year at all, thanks to the UK police stopping them travelling and then Japan customs stopping any that slipped through the net.

From experience you dont wanna antagonize the police there.

THere are a little less liberal then the West :P

For starters, YOU DO NOT SOUND ANY OBJECTIONS smile

Compare it to the UK.

Why would anyone object to police being a bit less liberal? [@ least I think that's what you mean]

As far as I'm concerned, if a football thug has an "accident" whilst in police custody, then that's just part of crime prevention - it might discourage the brain-donor [a.k.a. football hooligan] from acting in such a way in the future. smile

In my opinion none of the games are extremely fair. In all games, it goes both ways. but you don't see any other team sueing or complaining since they know it is useless i guess.

When was the last time a referee changed his decision about a penalty or FIFA canceled a game and had it replayed?

Italians are just bad loosers.

And Alien, It is fine for Footbal you say but where exactly do you draw the line. What if that one person has been wrongly accused? Or what about one PC decides it is worth the risk for other crimes as well? Like, being drunk, or stealing a banana. If they are already moving on that way what is to stop them from deciding all indian or black people are cause of crime. And act on it.. I might be overshooting the subject but I like police in the UK just the way it is... I will write some more later. Breakfast time now.

Speaking of the police I got a story.

A buddy of mine stationed in Korea was a liason for the MP's, so whenever a US soldier was arrested in Korea he would translate and help diffuse the situation

He said one time that this huge black dude was drunk and hit an older Korea lady. THey had him at the station and my friend goes to talk with the guy. When he gets there the guy is screaming about his "civil" rights, and refused to sit down. The korean police were about to beat the guy down when my friend asked to speak to the soldier.

He pointed to the sign above the soldier and asked the guy "Do you know what that says?"

The soldier shook his head "no"

MY friend says "roughly translated it means sit down and shut the hell up!"

The soldier starts to yell again about his "civil" rights.

My friend calmly stated "You either sit down or shut up, or they will beat you until you do. Remember your not a citizen here, you have no rights."

The guy sat down, and he shut the hell up.

ANyways thought that story was kinda funny.

But here in the States after the terrorist attacks, our police are so misguided and people so PC, it's a wonder if we will ever catch anyone. Here are some simple facts of life:

1. White folks don't hijack planes. Only in Bruce Willis movies

2. Black folks don't hijack planes.

3. Asain Folks don't hijack planes.

4. Little old ladies carrying nail clippers don't hijack planes, and if she does WATCH OUT!

To break it down even further. There are about 20 Countries that collectively have a 99 percent chance of producing terrorists.

SO we got the nationalities, religion, and Racial makeup of peeople who do hijack planes, and we are frisking little old ladies and men with thier families.

HAd to rant about something.

But imagine this scenario,

Bacause security forces knows the terrorist producing states etc. They start to search only people that fit this profile. Can you guess the civil rights cases that will bring to the International Human Rights Court against that country.

There is also another case, You say, (not openly) Radical islamists and terrorism supporting countries are responsible. But how do you know? May i remind you about the scum captured in afghanistan, there were Germans, british, turkish even americans in that crowd. Ok they were exception but the truth is 11th of september also was an exception it might as easily have been some white/black/asian guy with warped ideas about religion and heaven not necessarly an arab.

I don't wanna sound discriminating and I know it is not the whole populations of Syria, iran, Iraq and others that do support the terrorism. And i know majority of terrorism is originated from middle east, but security forces and governments can not set policies designed for ethnic minority or other, they have to generalize it.

The point of terorism is, you don't know who the enemy is. There is no army you can fight, there is no military base you can bomb the crap out of it. They can be everywhere and they can be anybody this is what is so scary about it. If you guys are aware, I am turkish. My High school was bombed when i was 15, because some maniac thought that would draw attention (Oh it did!), cause panic (sure nobody sent their children to school for a while) and force the government (nope it did not) to give them what they want eventually.

Well that did not work, it never does. Because of El Queda, US is not gonna convert to Islam in mass and start living by made up rules aetc. nor is anybody. But they have got what they wanted, Panic...

A serious blow to the economy. For them human life is not important, they believe they are going to heaven or something and live with 99 virgins or something if they die fighting for islam (Duh!!!). You can't deter them by show of force, and if they reach their target it is too late for finger pointing. So you have start realy looking for them everywhere B4 they reach it.

Finally, in my opinion biggest lesson of 20th Century:

Terrorism Works!

PS. Wasn't this thread about World Cup??? And Eng-Bra is 1-2 right now.. What a pitty if england looses.

To quote a well coined saying ... "they think it's all over, it is now" (2 - 1 to Brazil). There's always euro 2004 which of course won't have Brazil playing in it smile

Carl

I'm shocked.

Thought Brazil played a little rough tho. Good match nonetheless.

THought England would pull it out.

Referring to terrorists tho:

All the hijackers were Arab.

To my knowledge there has never been a non-arab hijacking of a plane.

Correct me on that if I am wrong.

And there have always been twisted people using God, ALLAH, Buddha, or whomever to justify thier twisted beilefs

The problem is, there is state sponsered religion, that takes young hopeless, Arab children and teaches them hate from birth. We should have seen this coming 40 years ago.

Never before in the history or man have young people been brainwashed in the masses like now.

THey eat, sleep , live and breath hatred.

For Hindus, Chiritians, Jews, Atheists, Deists, Buddhists, Other muslims.

THeres 2 ways to stop it.

THey die, or we free them while they are young , and get them out of the poverty and hopelessness, and away from radical Islam.

Well some of the problem is they get offended or hate us more, if we try to help them, and their chieftains are totally aginst it. because if they get educated, they won't believe them. And if we try to take out the leaders, new ones take their place with more propoganda material against us, they killed our holly leader etc. etc. So it is a paradox. And where does all that money come from? Oil!!! And who buys all that Oil? We do. So another paradox.... I think west should invade middle east get them on the source, and get it over with once and foreall. (Wishfull thinking). But i guess public just don't have the stomach to accept what is necessary.

BRAZIL has just beaten ENGLAND 2 (rivaldo, ronaldinho) - 1 (owen)

BRAZIL will go all the way. but in my heart i am going for SENEGAL and SOUTH KOREA. after the match between Korea and Italy -

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

Wow we held germany to one goal

I was thinking like 5-1 or so.

We learned to play defense.

THat means South Korea the only team left I can root for now.

Don't really like Brazil and Germany

I would like turkey to play the finals but my money is on Germany for the Cup smile

Oh dear, the polls doesn't seem very accurate !

I'd like either Korea or Turkey to win,

I reckon it'll be Germany vs Turkey in the final (I think the Turkish will have learnt how to play against Brazil from their first match with them).

But if I'm being sensible, and honest, I guess it'll be Germany who'll most likely win.

lager_brains frankly i would give 1 in zillion chance for turkey to win against Germany. But hey, I thought they weren't even gonna come up to 2nd tour. so what the hell

Turkiye! Turkiye!

This World cup will be remembered forever if Turkey wins it by accident. (Like german team got stuck by lightning)

...and goodbye to Spain.

I think it's going to be a Germany Vs Brazil final now.

Should be close, Germany are quite a defensive team and Brazil very attacking.