Creative 5300 5.1 Speakers

3COM 56K V.90 PCI Modem

16x Toshiba DVD IDE

HP 4x CDRW USB

Sony E540 21" Monitor

Logitech Dual Optical Mouse

Logitech Cordless Freedom Pro

==============

I was just wondering what 3dmark's etc you get with this monster machine. I am curious as I had just looked at the same mobo / mem and cpu myself for my new machine.

Any stats / probs / high's and low's I would be grateful for.

Nice rig man.

well after a mistake... long story.... I am now stuck with Samsung PC800 40 NS tho it is hella faster.

I cranked it up to 2.55 GHZ at 150 FSB. Runs stable as any machine I ever had.

I get in the mid 3100's on SANDRA for Memory Bandwith. It runs Quake 3 at 1600 x 1200 all max settings including sound and gets 144 FPS

Have no clue how fast that is in comparison with other machines

I would say thats pretty fast..Nice scores on the Sandra mark.

Any chance you could run off a 3dmark2001?

The only part of your setup I would not have is the ti4600, but thats because I cannot justify the expense of them as they are at the mo.

You using any extra cooling or just the usual intsake and exhaust with standard PSU cooling?

Now lets see how far hardware is gonna drop in price in the next couple of months smile

Cool rig Sap cool

Nice one, but your CD-r kind of sticks out a bit smile I am not buying you could not afford a new one storry with that config. But if you don't need it end of story.

BTW I agree with Yakob. Let's wait 2 months and see how much they are worth smile

THe reason I only have a 4X is I have been waiting on the 40x,

I had a nice 24x Plextor but it was lost in the mail. SO i havent reordered one since.

I too have decided on my next machine, it will mostly serve as a Workstation PC, but will get some gaming on it too...can someone tell me the real difference between P4T533 and P4T533-C, something to do with 32-bit RIMM support???????? Is this where I can only put 1 RDRAM stick in, instead of 2 at a time?

I am picking up the:

Intel Pentium 4 1.6 GHz Northwood

Asus P4T533-C or P4T533

Samsung 256 MB PC800 RDRAM [upgrade to 512 later]

400-watt P4 ready ATX Case

ATI Radeon 8500 128 MB [gonna use that ATI Trade Up program]

In my opinion,

If you are getting a new CD-R

Get a Yamaha or Philips or HP. I haven't touched the new plextors because old ones gave us such griefs. I know it is not common but i lived through hell. Maybe it was just a series of them which was due to extremely bad luck.

But not only they were faulty sometimes out of the box, but i had nearly half the amount we sold came back faulty in six months period.

Quote:

In my opinion,
If you are getting a new CD-R
Get a Yamaha or Philips or HP. I haven't touched the new plextors because old ones gave us such griefs. I know it is not common but i lived through hell. Maybe it was just a series of them which was due to extremely bad luck.

But not only they were faulty sometimes out of the box, but i had nearly half the amount we sold came back faulty in six months period.

I have a Yamaha 2100s cdrw and a sony. Both excellent models. I have never tried a plextor. My m8 has just bought the LG 40x32x10 and is very pleased with it and they are a very good price too.

Uykucu, have you any pricelists you want to share?

If you are asking in sense of buying from us, we do not sell to end users. If it is collecting information, PM me your e-mail address, i will forward you some suppliers, I do not know your status they might trade with you or they may not.

Oh And you have to be in UK or Turkey. Or at least somewhere reasonably close.

my upgrade will be here tomorrow

supermicro p4dc6+

2.2ghz p4 xeon times 2

seagate x15 scsi hd x2

adaptec 2005s raid

leadtek geforce4 ti4400

sony scsi cdrw

sony scsi cdrom

Can you still use old PC800/PC1066 16-bit modules too though with the P4T533?

no.

Gotta have the c version i think

thats why they include a stick or ram with it

Get a Liteon 48x. Most compatible with CloneCD and I've had nary a problem with 'em.

Quote:

If you are asking in sense of buying from us, we do not sell to end users. If it is collecting information, PM me your e-mail address, i will forward you some suppliers, I do not know your status they might trade with you or they may not.
Oh And you have to be in UK or Turkey. Or at least somewhere reasonably close.

I am end user, so they would probably not trade with me.
I just thought you had your own business that might have traded with end-users etc, and I would just like to have put some of my hardware buying your way.

np smile

Quote:

I am end user, so they would probably not trade with me.
I just thought you had your own business that might have traded with end-users etc, and I would just like to have put some of my hardware buying your way.

np smile

Sorry, i just don't wanna go down that way. It is a bottomless pit. Not that I would mind selling but i have to consider support and warranty issues. It is not my way of doing business to sell something and than play dumb, deaf and blind monky about it if something goes wrong.

PS: I sent you a supplier contact via PM, did not feel right to post it on the board (advertising etc.)