Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Davros

dns2go opinions

I'm considering signing up for a dns2go domain name so I can easily access my vpn server that runs at home on my cable modem. I wanted to hear any of your good and especially bad experiences with dns2go or any other providers of that type of service. Is there a catch to the free home account that I am missing? Any opinions from veteran users would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I have had the service stall out on the server a few times (I have been using it at one site for about 5 months), and for the last week I haven't been able to get the client to work with the deerfield website and retrieve the current version (not that it needs it now, but the site still gives me errors). I'm a bigger fan of TZO, and I've been using it for about 2.5 years now.

Thanks for the replies. I've just realized that my current web host www.clanpages.com provides additional subdomains with dns mappings to ip's of my choice at no extra charge. I'm going to find out if they plan on supporting non-static ip mappings in the near future. If not, I will try dns2go first, since it's free.

I was so pleased when someone told me about dns2go, just what i was looking for smile No problems so far.

I have been using www.dhs.org for my domain name hosting for about 9 months now. The plus to their service is that they don't require a program to run on a local machine. This works great if your connection is always on (cable modem or dsl with a gateway). Until recently it was free, now they only charge something like 5 dollars per hostname. Works great!

manifest