Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
riz

outlook crash opening messages

Hello all,

I have a friend whose outlook xp will crash when trying to open an e-mail message from the inbox. I have the sp1 update installed, but it still doesn't work. I think it has something to do with Mcafee Antivirus version 6.01.1008 AND/OR the winfax pro receiver running in the background. I have tried disabling them, but I still get the crash... however, that doesn't mean that they aren't causing problems.

Windows XP Pro just hourglasses when trying to open the message and only after CTRL-ALT-DELeting and going to task manager can I close the program - and then winword.exe is left running.

Sometimes however, the program runs fine, but never on the first time after booting up, although I haven't changed any settings.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? I will try and post the error report and other symptoms when I can reproduce it (usually after a restart)

thanks,

riz

ok, here's the error report

szAppName : OUTLOOK.EXE szAppVer : 10.0.3416.0 szModName : hungapp

szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

I went in and re-enabled HAWK for Outlook from mcafee from tools/options/other tab/advanced/add-in manager. And it crashed. However, i've re-enabled that before too without a crash. It does't seem to be only related to mcafee.

thanks,

riz

Hey guys,

After two days I realized what the problem was: the version of WinFax (10.01) is incompatiblewith Windows XP, so I had to pay to get the upgrade to version 10.02. Now everything is running fine. Thanks anyway for your help.

regards,

Rizwan