Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Jedi X

Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith in Win2000

Hi!

I have MotS on my disk, but I don't think it's working properly. My first problem was, when I tried to run MotS via the Launcher. Immediately it told me I need DirectX5, although the original Jedi Knight works just fine with DX 8.1 I have installed. I bypassed the problem by running MotS directly with JKM.exe. The game ran, but whenever it loads a level something of the following happens:

1. "Error: Couldn't load level" (There isn't a single scratch or smudge on the CD) confused

2. I wind up back in Windows. Pissed off, of course.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

So the OS is trying to load the levels from the CD? Maybe try a reinstalling with a full install of all files (if the installer offers such an install), so that files need not be loaded from the CD (despite the CD being in good condition).

Have you tried ACT 1.5? Do you have the games latest patch installed?

Thanks for the reply!

I've downloaded ACT 1.5 and ran JKM.exe with it and the levels loaded fine, but only in software rendering mode. When I switch to Direct3D it says:

"Video card may not have enough memory for this mode - try a lower setting. Restoring previous settings."

I find this a bit silly, because I have a 64 MB GeForce2 MX400 video card. If it's not asking too much, could you tell me how to run the game in Direct3D?

Thanks in advance!

Have the latest WHQL certified drivers for your video card?

If so, you could try lowering the acceleration of the video.

Click Start>Settings>Control Panel>Display>Settings (tab)>advanced>Troubleshoot (tab), and then slide the acceleration slider a notch or two to the left. The more left you go, the less your graphics card will assist the CPU, but it increases compatibility.

Remember to set it back for other games/applications.

I did like you said and it's working perfectly now! Thanks! I am once again able to enjoy the dated, but still fun Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith smile