Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ByronT

HP DeskJet 970Cse

I purchased this printer primarily because I found it listed here as Win2K compatible.

I was disappointed when the MS drivers for it did not allow duplex printing and so I submitted a result of Yes with a "BUT." Now, a day later, someone else submits a result of Yes, and they supposedly got the HP drivers to install AND they got duplexing to work. The only hint that I can find as to why their's worked is that they have Beta 3 whereas I'm running RC2 Build 2128. I also am running the printer as a USB printer - but I have tried it as LPT and that didn't allow the HP driver install either.

So my post brings up two questions:

One, which is later Beta 3 or RC2 Build 2128?

and

Two, how can I contact the person who submitted the "latest" results (or for that matter, how does the NT Compatible website operators decide which submission is the valid submission?)

Hopefully someone will be able to help...

Regards...

------------------

--

J. Byron Todd

Computer Consultant

byron@toddcomp.com

Todd Computer Solutions

I contacted the person who got their DJ 970Cse to work - in Beta 3. And I tried the way that they got the HP drivers to install in my RC2 installation. The installation went fine. But not even a test page will print with the HP drivers in RC2. So with RC2, MS drivers are required to get this printer functioning. And with MS drivers, no duplexing is setup.

I'll be getting my hands on RC3 in the next week or so and will report back with results.

As a comment, does anyone think it would be possible to have SP version or build information included as part of the submission process. (That way we can see what happens when MS "upgrades" the product.)

Thanks for all the help!

------------------

J. Byron Todd

Computer Consultant

byron@toddcomp.com

Todd Computer Solutions

Hi!

I just wanted to support ByronT's question since I had problems in installing Detonator drivers (TNT2) higher than 2.08 in W2K versions earlier than 2000.1!!!

Thanx!