Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NEO^

Glitch in the graphic when moving Icon in WinXP

Hi ppl!

When I move icons on my WinXP-system they look like they have been raped by an alien. =((( Look at the image below:

glitch.gif

Any1 know why it's like this?

My spec:

Asus K7V MOBO

Amd Athlon 750

ASUS Geforce 1, V6800 Deluxe

768 Mb RAM

and some other stufs that should not interfer with this...

I installed XP first. Then latest VIA-drvers for XP. Then latest DetonatorXO drivers and after that aeverything else.

Thanx in advance folks!

Quote:

When I move icons on my WinXP-system they look like they have been raped by an alien.
hey! I never made any icons do anything that they didn't want to do, & I always bought 'em dinner 1st. laugh

Muahahahah! =)

That was funny! =))) Didn't know there was a user called Alien here... Hehehe... =)

I saw something similar on crappy SIS graphics chips (is there a decent one???) It was caused by something to do with RAMDAC i believe. So logic dictates:

you are going to have a nice new VGA card and all the goodies that comes with it. unless you like it this way.

Nah... I don't belive in that... Must be software related... Would happen on 2k also otherwise... On my borthers computer there is a similar problem. The text to the icon jumps sideways when grabing it and draging it... Strange ****. But hey... MS is strange ****! Best viewd and used after some pot!

did u install any software for your video card? which allows "special" feature?

like my leadtek has a "makes window transparent by x%" kind of thing?

Nothing like that... Only DetonatorXP drivers...

Quote:

Have u tied a diff version of Det's?

Nopes... Guess I'll have to do that... Hmm... I'll get back when it's done! =)

M$ a few months back released a GUI patch ... have a look on windows update for it. I have never had any problems graphically except for one really annoying one in word where scrolling used to mirror the text confused. I think upgrading to new dets (28.32) solved it.