Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
platon

cpu usage 80-100%, system slowdown,please help

Hi,i am having seroius problems with my system and i am wondering if it is the motherboard or Win XP that is causing the problem. Let’s say i’m playing mp3:s (the only application running is musicmatch jukebox, winamp etc.) and after 5-10 minutes, the cpu starts working, from 3-5% to 80-100% causing system slowdown and sound errors. I’ve disabled the built-in soundcard on the motherboard. I’ve tried different soundcards, changed pci-buses for these, re-installed xp, updated the bios, scanned for viruses but nothing seems to help. This problem is a real pain. Please help, because i am about to go crazy!!!

Thanx!!!

My System:

Amd 1500

Epox 8k7a+ motherboard

512 DDR

2*40GB IBM HDD (Raid)

Soundblaster Live (I’ve also tried with Hercules Fortissimo II and SB Audigy)

Geforce 3 64mb Asus 8200

Win Xp

i am not sure about this , but first of all its better for u to check the task manager , then go to "Processes"'s section , then find program that use that much cpu ( look at the CPU section under processes ) , then try to close that program that use lots of cpu .... try this .... good luck to u smile

VIA chipsets work wrong with SBLive software. Try use VIA latest driver pack and original-from win xp driver for your sound card. Don't install any Creative addons. You can clean all Creative's driver files from your system and registry.

Once more - I had similar situation in win 98. Next is very sad but I had to re-install system. But then it worked.

thanx guys, i'll try and get back to you........

thanx for the feedback smile