Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NTGAMEMAN

Xp Sp1 Beta Out

give options.. if you have installed it

btw i'm not installing it i heard bad things about it

i soon have to format i just bought XP home OEM smile

later guys

After I restarted the PC to apply the changes, it wouldn't go to the desktop, I just got a blue screen with some crap on it. Had to reformat. frown

Odd, I copied the downloaded files to another machine and did some hacking around. (Had to copy some files around). Installed multiple times and received multiple license errors upon reboot. If it was a license issue it never would have installed in the first place. :shrug: Guess you can't copy the express install to different machines. frown

Ah yes.

Wont be long now until the thieving scum are forced to find new copies of their OS or be forced to continue using non-patched versions of the OS.

Once SP1 has been released Windows Update should then also stop working on the stolen copies too, happy days.

Now as long as MS continue to work on this, do their research and then take out the next batch of stolen copies with SP2 that will make me even happier.

Yes appzattak I edit it don't post this stuff there

and on to the point of the conversation Service pack 1, not piracy. If you want to talk about piracy there are plenty of threads in the "other posts" forum.

I find SP1 and SP3 for 2k to be much the same, and MS continues to make both OSes better. Hats off to MS for making a decent service pack for once. Of course compatability issues for XP will arise, because it is the 1st service pack and that always happens.

One thing that I like is the new Set program access and defaults, option. What you can do is hide the MS components of the OS, one could only wish you could delete them all together. There is also a new build of IE 6 in this version as well, so that cool.

All in all looks like its going to be a good service pack, along with the new Direct X 9 when that is final as well.

Well I've now rolled SP1 out onto two systems.

As the installation went so well on my test PC here at work (That is where the corporate/network/domain testing by me is done) I decided to install it at home too so I could test the more "fun side" of things too.

All is well so far, installation was flawless and caused no problems what so ever.

Now to see if the SP addresses known bugs that effected me.

Yeah I hope it fixes one of the bugs ive had with rebooting and XP not wanting to start explorer right, and having to reboot like 3 more times to get it to work. Though it couldve been skin related.

Well I've found the first fix that appears to be working smile

Don't know how many other people experienced this, but if you are still using good old dial-up after x number of connections, disconnections, reconnections you'd start getting messages along the lines of "Cannot open port" or it just simply looses the modem.

I've just spent over an hour testing this connecting and reconnecting to my ISP a lot of times (Hope they don't bar my account or anything smile )

Anyway, not once did I get that error message or find the modem suddenly lost, so that's one fix working well smile

Time to try all my applications now, gotta find something wrong with beta 1 of SP1, but cannot find anything so far.