Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bobbinbrisco

Who's going to win the World Cup?

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

My money is on Italy. laugh Literally!

The concept of a "world cup" may need some explaining for our friends across the water...

You see, the world cup really does mean that countries from all over the world compete together - unlike the American World Series, which doesn't (and no, including Canada in the World Series still doesn't make it world wide!)

I'm going to run for cover now... laugh

Anyway, England are playing Argentina at the moment - and the roads outside are eerily empty of cars, the shops are closed or empty and there are no queues at the supermarket checkouts. They reckon that absenteeism from people skiving to watch the football will cost British industry £1bn...

AndyF

I don't know whos going to win, its a game thats pretty much down to chance, but I'll support my country... (I can't believe no ones voted for England yet, shame on you two :P heh).

Oh and seeing how we're now 1 up on Argentina, I think we're gonna win laugh

That's good to hear - I have top go out this afternoon & I hate crowds.

As to who wins the World Cup - I care about that about as much as I care about who wins Big Brother!!!

What's next, international paint drying? "...& this week we have the final, Dulux vs. Crown....."

Quote:

That's good to hear - I have top go out this afternoon & I hate crowds.

As to who wins the World Cup - I care about that about as much as I care about who wins Big Brother!!!

What's next, international paint drying? "...& this week we have the final, Dulux vs. Crown....."

lol

Are you sure you aren't me?

<g>

Well I'd say someone from either Europe or South America.

Seems us Yanks are better at sports using all our appendages.

:P

You know I have an interesting take on "World" sports.

I honestly believe that in the Future the most popular sport in the world will be basketball.

The reason I say this, is the realtively low cost it takes to practice and play. I mean even kids in poverty can Find a way to put up a hoop and get a ball to practice with. Unlike other major sports, like Soccer football, hockey and baseball, you dont need a huge field or other poeple. You can play by yourself till you get better.

You are seeing this trend Especially in Europe where we are getting some of the finest all around players. It will be interesting to see in the future.

I can see youve played alot of football (soccer). ;( It has to be 1 cheapest sports ever, i mean kids in poor countries play it with things like oranges, and 10 year old tennis balls in the middle of the street. Anyone can play this game! laugh I would even say you need less to play football than you do to play basketball, afterall you need a ball that bounces and a hole for it to go through smile

I dont kno! Germnay seem to have a strong team this time! Why didnt anybody include Senegal or Cameroon? They beat France remember! LOL. African teams have a minute chance!!!! Still my money's either gonna be on Brazil, England or Germany.

Its a great thing to watch on TV, and its a good thing ive got holidays now, (If i didnt i wuld have taken the week off anyway!)!!!

Lets see what happens, and who gets through, becuase France might not qualify!!!

Quote:

lol

Are you sure you aren't me?

<g>
LOL. Nope, I'm pretty certain that I'm me.

Are you a South Park fan? & are you familiar with the character of the disabled boy who doesn't say much except his own name, "Timmy!!!" Well on my way home I found myself reminded of him when I saw a bunch of yobs who shouted "England!" everytime a car went past with a flag on the arial or in the window. laugh

Where the hell is Cameroon?

You know what really sucks. I'd still be in Korea, and watching the world cup if it werent for some stupid DOD rule.

frown

It will be a final between England and France.

OK, I do not know why, but I really would love it happens.

And why not Senegal in final? Of course against England or France.

The point is:

- alot of best French players are members of English teams

- most best African players play with French clubs

I am wondering: does this makes any sense? laugh

Woah, for a sec there i thought you said...where is cameroon! oh wait...... laugh

Go check out a map smile

Hint: Its not in the US!

Frog your assuming that France get through the group stage wink

M4Carbine

I do assume laugh

Oh yes the Danes are tough guys frown

Sapiens

Cameroon? Why not. Would be a nice surprise.

It seems some of our US friends are discovering geography :P

Well, Italy don't look promising they just lost 2-1 to Croatia, I hope England win.

Oh and football has to be the cheapest game around you don't even need goal posts, a couple of jumpers will do. I remember playing anywhere we could when i was a kid.

LOL, Ive been to more countries then most, Cant know them all tho.

I'm rooting for England and Korea in the Finals,

I don't think the US is serious about soccer, and I cannot root for them.

What can I say.

Goodbye Denmark, you were the weakest link smile

3:0!

Bring on those Brazilians, we are ready for them and to take the cup this year.