Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CrazyKillerMan

UPS purchasing

In light of what has recently happened to my precious baby...I think im in the market for a decent UPS.

Quesion:

What is a decent brand with some good warranty and price? If anybody knows anyhow? I have read some reviews on APC, but they are little more $$ then I want to spend.

Depends on what your budget is - APC do cheap UPS models too - and it's got to be cheaper than the cost of a new mobo frown !!

The APC Back-UPS ES 350VA will cost around $40, and will give you around 5-10 minutes backup time and has a USB connection to the PC, allowing for automatic file-saving and shutdown as soon as the UPS kicks in. And of course you get the $25k protection plan (although I'm not sure what the catch is... laugh )

Belkin also does UPS (again, around the $40 mark), similar specs to the APC models.

Have a look at their respective websites (APC & Belkin) for more info.

Hope this helps

AndyF

I'll second APC. I've got a 350VA (X-mas gift) and that's, like, under $100, and it has worked when needed.

I have a APC 350VA and its great, does what its intended to do and dont have any probs with it.

I'd also go APC too, althought my current one is a Compaq. APCs drivers seem more available, and Windows has basic support for them built-in.

350 seems a bit small to me though.. 5-10 mins... urgh. Some servers can take 30 mins or more to shutdown and if your working on something and don't want to stop, then you might want something bigger.

What exactly do you want to do if the power goes out? and what kinds of machines/devices are you planning to run on it?

Quote:
ehhh...Review your post...think about it. Then buy.

Heh....true. Its better than buying another 0 in components.

Quote:
What exactly do you want to do if the power goes out? and what kinds of machines/devices are you planning to run on it?

Just actually using it for a good filtering system to gaurd against line problems. Its just to be used on my main WS, so my main monitor and the tower probably. Dont need anything overly special.

Thanks for the replies, im goin out shopping tommorow. Ill let you know what I get.