Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LanFeaR

Anyone seen this happen with Max Payne

Hey,

I'm having a prob loading the game from Win-XP (Spec listed in my sig).

The Game installs normally and launches to the main menu as normal,(Btw, i've tried running the game on diff 3D settings including the default setup). When I try to start a New Game/Load a prev Saved Position or Load the tutorial, it starts up, the progress bar gets almost half way and then kicks me back to the desktop.

This Never happened on a previous installation of XP on the same machine. I've tried every version of the Dets that support Win-XP and even tried rolling back to the earliest VIAAGP driver that suppported XP but no coconut. It was the first game I installed after a clean XP install so it can't be another games installation messing around with the reg somewhere.

My suspicion is that it might be one of the MS-Hotfixes that is crapping it up (I have every critical and recommended one exept the .NET Framework installed). I say this because The time when it used to work, MS had only released a mere handful of fix's for XP and now there are plenty.

Any Ideas would be appreciated

I haven't played the game recently, but previously I had a similar problem when running it under XP. Grabbing the latest patch for Max Payne fixed the problem though.

Same here, patched max payne to ver 1005, and no prob so far.

Grab the latest patch for Max Payne v1.05 and your problems will be solved.