Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
felix

AX4B-533Tube looks so cool

[size:24]I WANT ONE!!!!!!![/color]

No really, I would actually prefer a stand alone daughter card.

But I would love to have valve sound for my computer.

One question:

If they wanted to make 5.1 channel valve would they need to use one valve circuit for each of the six channels?

i have no answer to your most interesting question, but i do have to admit it does look pretty kickass

As usual, looks instead of substance... as an experienced audio engineer, I can tell you that tubes have absolutely NO advantages and several disadvantages.

Maybe they can sell these to the same people that buy "premium" speaker wire and audio CD rim weights.

Quote:

As usual, looks instead of substance... as an experienced audio engineer, I can tell you that tubes have absolutely NO advantages and several disadvantages.

Maybe they can sell these to the same people that buy "premium" speaker wire and audio CD rim weights.

In what field, specifically? I have seen many uses of tube amps where they are implemented in high quality systems because of the "warm" sound they provide. While I am not sure that such coloring of sound is a great selling point, I imagine that there might be a performance difference of some sort. I was just wondering if you worked with an equipment manufacturer, and what class of switching amp that you normally recommend.

Quote:

"premium" speaker wires do actually have higher quality materials (better dielectrics, shielding, etc.), but with the way EM transmission goes, the audible difference is pretty small (only a few dB I think)

Looks abit pointless to me frown Surely they wont make that much difference to sound quality, especially since ppl seem to use creative 4 point / 5.1 stylee speakers at best.

The tubes are normally reserved for power amps, and not line level stuff that would go out to amplified speakers (which are probably Class A/B hybrids anyway, and would lose any possible gain you could have had). So I would have to say that it's a bit pointless as well, but if it's pimpy it tends to sell. wink

Ha, Creative Speakers?

I used to use an AKAI Amp (with video switching) with floor speakers.

Now I use a Sony DAVS500 Home theater system.

I really should get a card with optical-output. Any suggestions?

Heh i knew someone would come back with a response like that smile

How many ppl do you think use such speakers for there PCs ? I would bet not many.

I didn't say it hoping to start a pi55ing contest, should've shut up.

Anyhow, I only use it cause my PC sits in the same vacinity as my TV, VCR etc.

Quote:

Heh i knew someone would come back with a response like that smile

How many ppl do you think use such speakers for there PCs ? I would bet not many.
I have a 6 year old Aiwa Z-2300 Pro Logic system. I use it for both TV/films, & my PC. Still gives nice sound & adequate bass, but I wouldn't mind getting something newer - like 1 of Aiwa's 5.1 systems.