Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ConQueso

Using Macrovision's SafeDisc Driver Fix

Has anyone had any luck with Macrovision's SafeDisc Driver Fix?

It's supposed to fix NT based OS' difficulties in launching SafeDisc protected content from legit CDs. If you've tried using it and it's worked or hasn't worked, please share your results.

I searched around the forums, and didn't really find anything conclusive as to how effective the fix is. Any feedback would be appreciated.

It's never worked for me....but whenever I have a Safedisc problem I just use the cracks.... I remember trying it once or twice and it never working so I just gave up on it. Removed it so I could identify Safedisc problems...just in case it actually worked.

I only have one Safedisc (at least I think it's safedisc... I really couldn't care less...) protected game and thats Half-Life: Opposing Force and I've actually had less trouble with it under XP than under 2k (just another reason why Win2k is never seeing the HDD of theis machine again). Under 2k I had to set it up to Run As Administrator because running it under my normal Power User account resulted in it saying it couldn't find a disc in the drive whenever I went to start a game even though there actually was (you need it to actually start the game proper, duh.). Under XP I have no such issues.

If you want you can get yourself a copy of Deamon Tools. This way you can run Images from your HD as CDs with FULL safedisk emulation.

Decidedly use Daemon Tools. Just do image by CDRWin and use it with Daemon.