Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Toby

Support for Promise FastTrak 100 TX2 ?

Hi,

it's been about 2 months since I last gave Linux a try. I tried the latest distros from both RH and Mandrake but they did both failed to find my IDE-raid controller frown.

I installed it on a standalone drive instead but it did not impress me enough to insert the bootfloppy very often wink (failed to update the MBR on the RAID) ... So I wiped it for storagespace.

Anyway, now that Philipp started this site (good move smile ) I thought it would be a about time to try it out again. I was thinking about downloading Mandrake9 Beta2. Anyone know if that distro supports IDE-RAID?

Or should I get another distro?

Thanks in advance.

/Toby

The Mandrake Beta did not have any drivers for it.....Found drivers for the RH distro will try that..

/Toby

Quote:
The Mandrake Beta did not have any drivers for it.....Found drivers for the RH distro will try that..

/Toby

There's support for the 'software RAID' based on the highpoint and promise chipsets in the kernel now... Dunno how good it is, or if it's compiled into Mandrake and whatnot..

Thanks for the reply.

During the setup Mandrake only found my IDE drive, my RAID never shows up. RH found it to be an IDE-controller but with a workaround and drivers from Promise I got it running now smile

The Promise website said not to use the drivers with any other distro so I'll use RH for now. I'm afraid to ruin my RAID-set 8)

I'm really a novice at Linux but it's funny smile

I'll try to update the kernel now....

/Toby