Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PaTiNsAnE

Sounds pfft

I've probably put this up on the threads before and got no response... frown ne way.

I got me a asus a7a266, athlon xp 1700+, 512 pc 133 ram, gf2 mx400, soundblaster ensoniq 128, win98 se

I'd just like to know why i cannot play 2 sounds at once! If im having music match jukebox open playing music and I go into counter-strike the sounds for cs dont work!

Before I bought the SoundBlaster i had a aureal vortex and the sound was totally fine, but I coulndt use it with my system, it didnt seem like the sound emulator or some **** i dunno....is it my sound card?

The Vortex is a MUCH better card than that Ensoniq....the Audigy is MUCH better than both. laugh

???do you have in your bios....onboard sound disabled...if it has onboard sound might be causeing your problem???and also goto the sound properties...and disable your mic....sometimes that causes a problem with sound...

I just remembered something that might help.... I built my buddy a box with an 8kha+ and a SB LIVE first I had to disable onboard sound......This is what I did in order to get the sound right....I had to manually set the Irq and then input output values....even though the Operating system would set it and it said it had no problems.HIS would crackle when windows messenger poped up or when he would have winamp playing while he was fragging in quake however...but you might try this...When I did this...All of a sudden the SB Live did not have that problem anymore...here is how.you can do this ...MY COMPUTER / rt click / Properties/ Device manager/ then highlight the sound card/ then properties/ resources....I know that the win 98 set it up default....and it says it has no errors...as soon as I changed it....he did not have the problem anymore....I know you are playing a different game but It might solve your SB problem...

Don't quote me on this but I think if the sound card drivers are WDM you can play multiple sounds at once. If not you can't.

I used to have my Vibra 128 under Windows 98 and it couldn't play multiple sounds at once with the drivers on the CD. The provided drivers in Windows 2000 and XP and the ones from creative for Windows 2000/XP can play multiple sounds at once. Also the provided ME drivers can too.