Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pmistry

Anybody give SOF 2 a spin yet?

Anybody give SOF 2 a spin yet? I've been fiddling with the demo, mine has no gore, seems like a wild gunfight type FPS which isn't so bad, sometimes less thinking and more problem solving with guns is better.

Check out http://www.planetsoldier.com/ it has instructions on how to enable gore in the demo. It's quite impressive smile

I haven't played the full game yet though. I've heard mixed things about it. Some people say that despite all the hype, the AI is still a bit dodgy.

I am very disappointed with SOF2.

Its just SOF1 with new maps. They have made no headway with the graphics or AI. It even uses the same explosions.

Very very disappointed.

It is also very boring. I couldn't even be bothered to die b4 I turned it off.

Give it a miss, and buy SOF1 on budget or somewhere.

Good honest input Yakkob, I have SOF 1 already. It was an ok game with some good gunfights, while playing the demo of SOF 2 it felt more or less the same.

Bursar, thanks for information, I'll head there now to get the gore.

suxs

really erally suxs!~

totally over hyped.

Medal of honur does far better WWII attempt, if that is what sof II was going for, as some one else had mentioned.

i was VERY VERY disappointed, i uninstalled it almost as fast as i had installed it.

Quote:

Medal of honur does far better WWII attempt, if that is what sof II was going for, as some one else had mentioned.

Eh? As I said, I haven't played the full game, but what makes you think they're after a WW2 game? I don't recall M4's, and OICWs being the weapons of choice of the allied forces in the 1940s.

It is fun but also annoying, im playing it on consultant difficulty level and just made it to the kamchatka level. Up to this point its been fun and the enemy has been an ok challenge but all of a sudden they can shoot me through thick fog with 100% accuracy, they kill me with like 2 bullets and i cant even see them due to the fog.

To make matters worse i finally made it past a bit i was on only to have some guy stick his gun through the side of a train car and shoot me. Like actually through the side of a metal train. I wasnt pleased frown

Also they are deadly accurate with grenades and they know where you are all the time, even if you try and use stealth.

Anyway, its good, repetitive and has some bugs frown AND IT PISSES ME OFF!!! (sometimes :D)

ive got the full game and its so ****ing cool...so dont listen to the people who havent played it yet they just want more than is possible on todays computers ..probebly spotty geeks or somthin.

play it buy it..or copy your mates..it copys strait from the cd..no copy protection at all...do it.

I like it so far.

Maybe watching terrorsts bleed to death plays on my sentimental side...

I bought it last week, I had to try out my new credit card, so oh well. It's a fun game, I am enjoying, only gripe is my current PC setup has forced me to run it in 640x480 with some details reduced.

SOF2 isn't bad, but isn't really all that different from SOF1. But its fun andf challenging if you like first person shooters. M4Carbine points out some major annoyances, unfortunately you find these in all games.

I'm on the hospital roof and can't get rid of that bloody hellcopter, I've hit it with one grenade though. Anyone have a tip ??

H.

Yeah just shoot its 2 rotors things on each wing until you see a little red flashy light appear on each 1 (On the side). Then simply shoot that red light and that engine will go boom, just do that to both of em and bye bye copter.

I found Multiplayer soldier of fortune II to be excellent. I found it to have the gameplay of Counter-Strike with a more updated engine. Yes the single player AI is kinda gay, but the multiplayer takes up where the single player lacks. I dont buy games for a single player experience that is why my impression of this game is different. Heck its a cool game to keep my tided over until Unreal Tournement 2003 or Planet Side comes out.

Quote:

ive got the full game and its so ****ing cool...so dont listen to the people who havent played it yet they just want more than is possible on todays computers ..probebly spotty geeks or somthin.

play it buy it..or copy your mates..it copys strait from the cd..no copy protection at all...do it.

i have got it, and i have played it and i did expect mroe, then SOF 1 with more maps.

for a 2 cd game i would of expected FAR better textures, and player models, sorry, but i am on of the very disappointed people, and computers CAN handle far better then what it has to offer.

I have UT2003 on pre-order... It looks excellent. I just hope they brush up on their netcode, and not use what they used in Unreal Tournament. Admittedly I was on 56k then frown not much better now tho, best I can get is ISDN, which is now what I have.

I am also looking forward to PLanetside

I think Raven kinda rushed Soldier of Fortune 2 as they kinda left the project sitting around for awhile. Originally Soldier 2 was supposed to come out around December or so, but then Raven received the Jedi Knight project and then they worked on that and finished it ahead of Solider 2, even though they were working on Soldier 2 before JK2, this kind of explains the models being of lesser quality. As well, Soldier 2 was being talked about a long time before both Wolfenstein and Medal of Honor, yet both of those games came out before, I think SOF 2 just lots its thunder, and Raven may have lost some interest in the game as well.

for those who claims that SOF2 is SOF1 with new map, don't forget they upgraded to a new engine, which better effects, more polys, more details... but yes, the game feels like the first, with better gfx

There are very very few similarities between SoF II and SoF I.

I am disappointed in it though, stealth missions suck. I cannot stand them, except in MGS.

as for the AI, it's too good. you can lay down in the grass, 100 yards away, and they still blow the hell out of you. Or, they stand far away, and throw grenades. Disapointing game, really. frown

And they toned down the gore, which was the game itself smile

The deaths remind me of something in the original Wolfenstein 3D

The AI is kinda cheap. Like it was mentioned, I found that grass thing annoying. Sometimes, I am right in front of the guy and use my shotgun and nothing happens, need 2 shots to take him down. Gore is down, and I do believe the graphics are not that great.

exactly how do you come to the conclusion that the graphics aren't that great? You just need a decent computer to play it good enough.

The game is horrible. It is buggy as heel, and yes, it does feel like SoF with new maps, but it ain't bad....If you got a buddy who owns it, borrow it and give it the once around.....but that is ALL you should do....the game is EXTREMLY fustratiing in some areas...

The graphics are decent at best, some of the textures really lack any sort of polish too them, they are just so plain looking. For example, Vergara's Mansion, wall textures look so plain and white. Cars and other objects have really blocky looks to them. Like the wheels. Medal of Honor had better vehicle models. As did RTCW. However some levels like the jungle are just fantastic. But these fantastic graphics are few and far between.

I am running a Radeon 8500, full Anisoptropic Filtering, 32-bit color, HQ textures, 800x600 resolution.